Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone close to the Alabama Pell City area with a shop and tools and extra hands, weilder, metal, or anyone that just know what the hell they are doing, cause I aint got a damn clue! :banghead :banghead :banghead

There is some :beer in it for ya :toothless
 

·
Full to Empty 6.5 Seconds
Joined
·
2,579 Posts
Id help ya but Im in the more educated state of Tennessee and I dont have a damn clue either. :goodfinge :goodfinge :goodfinge
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
326 Posts
BroncoHound said:
Is anyone close to the Alabama Pell City area with a shop and tools and extra hands, weilder, metal, or anyone that just know what the hell they are doing, cause I aint got a damn clue! :banghead :banghead :banghead

There is some :beer in it for ya :toothless

I have all of the above....but I'm in NC:toothless
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Wish I could help ya Hound Dog, but I do most of the work on mine AT work since I don't have a shop. What types of things do you need done? Have you talked with the guys at Southern Offroad? Feel free to contact me; I'll help anyway I can. I'm about an hour and fifteen away.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey BamaBronc.

Thanks for the input man. Well where do I begin? I need a back bumber, but I want to make my own. But dont know how to fab or have the stuff to fab. I want to lay some sheet metal down in the inside of the cab and back and tack weld it down as well as on the sides in the back and spray a Rino Liner over it from under the dash all the way back to the tail gate. I want some tow hooks weilded on. Need some work on the motor... OR A BIGGER ONE PUT IN!!!! I need to replace all the bushings on the underside..................................... shall I go on????? :shrug :thumbup
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LMAO "MonkeyTown"??????? :toothless I hope to God there is not a place in ALabama called "MonkeyTown"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Shit I wish man. I know its going to take some time.. I am ready for that.. as I dont have $$$$$$$ and that takes longer to get :toothless
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Welcome to the club of over worked and under paid Bronc Heads. If you have a design for the bumper in mind, I can help w/that. We do all kinds of welding and fab work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,883 Posts
Hey if either of you two get up around Huntsville or Montgomery let me know. I live in Hville but my unit is in Montgomery so Im always there. I got my 88 Bronco and would love to take it out sometime.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
What unit are you with? I'm retired USAF and living north of Wetumpka but I work 'bout 10 minutes from Maxwell.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,101 Posts
BroncoHound said:
I want to lay some sheet metal down in the inside of the cab and back and tack weld it down as well as on the sides in the back and spray a Rino Liner over it from under the dash all the way back to the tail gate. I want some tow hooks weilded on.
just my 2 cents but
#1. why lay down sheet metal and then spray rhino liner over it? why not take off the carpet clean it and then just paint it on. thats what im going to do and im very techincally challanged.
#2. I wouldnt not reccomend welding tow hooks thats dangerous if you have a weld crack then whoever is on the other end of the tow strap is going to have a nice pointy peice of metal flying at them.

also post pics of progress :thumbup
 

·
hates EVERYTHING!
Joined
·
11,451 Posts
Marauder said:
I wouldnt not reccomend welding tow hooks thats dangerous if you have a weld crack then whoever is on the other end of the tow strap is going to have a nice pointy peice of metal flying at them.
Just to play devils advicate here: wouldn't a sheared bolt also send that same pointy metal object flying??:shrug
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top