Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone kept running their 1/2 ton rear, even if just for a little while, after doing a D60 front swap? I'll most likely swap the front out first(haven't bought either a front or a rear yet, still saving)and was just curious.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,871 Posts
Yes it can be done, you can get custom wheel patern axle shafts for the rear, drill new wheel stud holes in the drum or go with a disk brakes.

·
TTB Hater of course
3,100 Posts
I did the opposite for one season: 10.25 rear and stock TTB front. I carried two spares, one 8 lug and one 5 lug, with one on the roof. Certainly not the preferred method. At the time we didn't know the 8 lug TTB could be done, so I was saving for an SAS but needed to replace my roached 8.8 and wasn't gonna put another 8.8 under there.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
I agree with everyone else it's realy not a problem, but since you gotta buy it first theres a good possibility that you can get the rear out of the donor truck when you get the front...:shrug

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
dude Keith you put a Spare TTB on your roof? Dang I never thought of that.. If I Was staying TTb I would have to do that next year:shrug

·
TTB Hater of course
3,100 Posts
Bronco85 said:
dude Keith you put a Spare TTB on your roof? Dang I never thought of that.. If I Was staying TTb I would have to do that next year:shrug
A spare tire

1 - 9 of 9 Posts