Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to sell my '89 for about two months now, have it parked in a heavy traffic, prominent spot in town, with signs and phone numbers, etc. on it, and also have it listed in Autotrader.com. Only had about four bites on it, and they all fizzled out. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same trouble?

·
Registered
297 Posts
I tried selling mine for about 3 months, 3 or 4 calls no real money offers.

So after not being able to sell it I decided to keep it. Haven't had any regrets yet :thumbup

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
1911copper: "Sorry honey, it's just not selling....I s'pose I gotta keep it!" :toothless
"Hell, I need a trail rig anyway!" :rockon
Ms. 1911Copper--> :twak <--1911Copper

·
Registered
403 Posts
who would want to sell their bronco!!!!!!!?????

I am a bronco lifer :chili: :chili: :chili: :chili:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
It's hard to sell them becuase most people don't think they are worth as much as we do. The world is full of stupid people when it comes to stuff like that, if you don't believe me watch the news and see stupid people at work, or better yet go to a daewoo or Kia dealer and watch stupid people drive away in there new car as it loses half it's value leaving the lot.

I would try to sell it on ebay, so far it has worked well for us (that's my new Job part time, selling cars on ebay)

·
Super Moderator
27,244 Posts
Keep at it. Took a year to sell our 78 and for the price we wanted which was $1200. (not bad for a 78 that ran every day and everything worked incl. the ashtray bulb).
As AM wrote, there are a lot of stupid people out there; wait till the buyer who wants one comes along.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I want to sell it because I prefer my '95, and I absolutely can't afford both. I will keep my '95.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Rigth down the street from me a '95 bronco has been for sale for probably 5 or 6 months. It has I think 150K on the odometer.

original price: $5200 obo
2 months later: $4800 obo
2 months later: $4200 obo
now: $4000 obo

Doesn't look like there's any rust, I would've bought it but it has more miles than I would want on a '95.

·
College User
2,026 Posts
Any 89 holds no real value, and most people want early 90s and up for vehicles. Wholesale is 1500 for a 87-91 with average miles. Selling price is 25-35 depending on what package it is, ie XL, XLT, EB, custom, rust and paint condition.

·
Banned
470 Posts
Most people exept for serious truck enthusiasts aren't realy interested in those kind of vehicles. Back when they were in production they were known for ruggedness and capability. Nowadays people who are looking for a big
SUV want something that they can carry their 20 kids around in, take them to school/soccer practice, get groceries, rides smooth and sits low so old women can get in and out of.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
miesk5 said:
Keep at it. Took a year to sell our 78 and for the price we wanted which was $1200. (not bad for a 78 that ran every day and everything worked incl. the ashtray bulb).
As AM wrote, there are a lot of stupid people out there; wait till the buyer who wants one comes along.
WOW, I sold my '78 a little over 3 yrs ago for $3500, took 8 months to sell

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
Yeah I tried to sell my 78 at the beginning of the summer...just put it on eBay, one guy was interested, but he didnt have any money. So that kinda took him out of the running. I think the bidding went up to about 2200 or so, and I wanted more than double that.

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
we listed it in truck trader here in DFW and the first day it hit the published version it was sold at 8 in the morning. a guy from austin (4 hours away) drove up just to buy it. if they have the pusblished version i would highly recommend it, costs some, but it was worth it for me. by the way my 88 with 142k sold for 4200 1 year ago

wes

·
Registered
267 Posts
I guess it depends on where you are... The person I bought mine from had it listed for 9 months.. where as some of the others I called had sold before I called. Just really weird.... It seems only really hardcore people end up with Broncos, don't know many pansies into them :p

·
Registered
797 Posts
bronco

My dad is trying to sell my uncles 93 bronco, started at I think 4,000$, now it is down to 2900$ and its been for sale for about 4 months. i tried to sell my bronco, to buy my uncles for 3,000$ and got no calls in a month, o well mine has less miles and a new trannny, and i love it :thumbup

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,982 Posts
I think I saw it the other day, was that it sitting over there accross from the station by the diner on Macaurthur?? If so, you might wanna move it down a little a park it at an angle . I really didn't see it until I had almost passed it because of the other vehicles around it.... Fog

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Yup. Off and on for two years.

I have now started taking stuff off of it to use on my 79. First was the 37" MTR's and next will probably be the front ARB. Soon it will have no lift.

Then watch, people will probably be calling left and right.

·
no ford trucks
721 Posts
It really all depends on the time of year and location. I bought mine out of north georgia and the guy had it for sale for 6 months. I saw a bronco and had to have one. An impulse buy. I really want a 4X4 Truck, but these 73-79's around here are hard to find. I have found locally listing your vehicle is the best. ie-autotrader, gets the best results. A vehicle local will sell faster than one not local.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts