Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1979 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400m, C6
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For years I’ve been debating whether to redo my hood or just buy a reproduction hood for my 79 Bronco. I received the latest LMC catalog and noticed no hoods, went to the LMC website and again no hoods. I then went to Bronco Graveyard and National Parts Depot and found they to are not selling hoods either. Anyone else notice and know why?

·
Registered
1979 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400m, C6
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Ultra Premium Member
1996 EB w/5.8 TOO much lift, 44" Mudders & 5:43-5:38's
4,857 Posts
Make sure you are not in a rush, Dennis Carpenter has no help right now. I ordered a wheel cylinder from them, $11, an item that they said they have in stock after I called three days after I had ordered it to find out where it was. They said the Order hadn’t been processed yet. They are shorthanded and it’s been over a week and I still haven’t even seen a Shipping number. Called a company in California and I had a shipping number that afternoon, called back Carpenter and canceled my order and they said it still hadn’t been processed.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
You have to understand the situation. Most companies the phone isn't ringing because people are not spending. So workers are laid off either for lack of business or due to shut down orders from the government. Not for sure if Dennis Carpenter is considered an essential business in North Carolina.

·
Ultra Premium Member
1996 EB w/5.8 TOO much lift, 44" Mudders & 5:43-5:38's
4,857 Posts
Trust me I understand 100%. I have been very happy with Dennis Carpenter in the past. The Point that I am trying to make is if you want it , don’t wait a week or two to order it, you are probably better off ordering it now as you may not see it for a few weeks or possibly even longer?

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,929 Posts
I know where there at least was a good 79 hood in a KC KS Junkyard. Oh shit, I forgot you were in KC! It's the Muncie U-Pull. Black f250 in about the 4th row on the left. It was removed from the truck already and was leaning against it. The Liberty U-Pull has a 72 f100 as well, if that fits I dont know. Theres a 7? f350 in the Truman road pick n pull, hood was off it already, leaning up against the bed. They are all still open for biz.

A while back I scored a perfect set of dentside front fenders and all the thin metal dent trim from the winner road PnP. That truck is gone now, but had a great hood.

·
Registered
132 Posts
For years I’ve been debating whether to redo my hood or just buy a reproduction hood for my 79 Bronco. I received the latest LMC catalog and noticed no hoods, went to the LMC website and again no hoods. I then went to Bronco Graveyard and National Parts Depot and found they to are not selling hoods either. Anyone else notice and know why?
The boats from China/Taiwan/Philippines have slowed . The supply chain is screwed for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts