Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was out riding today to get over the fact that I got a ticket today, and I was wondering who else rode and what yall rode. I got a 2005 Rancher ES that we bought new. It's stock now but I'm planning on changing that eventually. I plan on putting on a 2" lift and slighty bigger tires (my sis's Rancher has big tires and I don't really like the diffrence in ease of turning so their not gonna be really aggresive, heavy tires) I don't ride as much as I liked too because our land isnt that great (on a steep hill and the woods are thhhiiicccckkkkk) for riding but I;m gonna talk to my neighbor soon and see if he'll let me ride on his place.

Here's a couple from this summer... my dad was spraying weeds so ignore the sprayer :thumbup

This one is at the end of my driveway where it turns into the barn lot... the friend who took it referred to it as Tennessee Drifting :rofl:

This was in our creek before it dryed all the way up. Its back to normal now but theres no fishys left.

Your turn! :popc1:

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What kind of ATV you looking at? Sport or Utility?

I have to say, off all the quads I've ridden, the Rancher has proved itself to be a pretty good all around trail ride. They do have their downsides but for what it is, it does its job well. The front brakes suck big bootay and they have on every Rancher that has ovre 400 miles on it. I'm planning on fixing that with some disc brakes from High Lifter.

But if you wanna go out, getta Can Am 650 or 800... my sis got a 650 two seater and wow does it sound awesome. It's huuuggeee but man, it sounds baaadddd... We meet one other guy who had a Can-Am and it was a single seater 800, he was prolly 350 pounds, a big guy, and could pull wheelies whenever he wants. I wouldn't recommend something like that if you're not gonna take the time to learn your ATV, but it sure did look fun! lmao

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really, really like the YFZ450's but my mom wouldnt let me get one. I'm glad I did end up with a 4x4 though, the riding I do sometimes recquires it.

But boy would a 450 be fun... but I'm looking for a old Banshee to fix up for my "fun" fix...

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,531 Posts
all depends on your terrain you will be riding in. out here in the desert I love it. however there are times a big 4x4 would be best but thats what my toyota is. the 450 is my go fast fix.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Terrain is def. a big factor. I ride mostly wooded trails, loggin trails, and the like. I do hit some big mud holes and those prolly arent the best considering my ATV is really a mud machine... but I have fun.

There's a mountain we go riding on that has a ton of mud holes on one side and on the way back from the mines we rode to, I started hitting every hole I could. My bro-in-law and his friend got me to try this HUGE hole that most of our trucks would get stuck in... It was going weel for the first 7 or so feet until I hit went over a tree root in the bottom and then it just dropped like 2 foot. The mud was literally about a 1/4" from gettin in the exhaust. That's why I want the lift... But yea, I love riding. :p

EDIT: See, I wasn't lieing! My sis took my picture for my mom with her phone, so its not great quality...

And no, I don't normally wear my goggles on my chin strap. I was already stuck and just looking around and my sis had me spin tires for the pic... lmao

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
I had an '84 big bear 350, I paid $250 for it from my cousins friend, I beat the crap out of it, sunk it in the deleware river, then sold it for $850

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
I've got a 2007 Suzuki King Quad 700efi. 4x4, CVT automatic, it's like driving a cadillac :thumbup

It's pretty much stock except for a Uni air filter, Yoshimura slip-on exhaust and a 3000lb Superwinch with amsteel blue. I keep wanting to upgrade to larger tires/wheels, but i can't seem to find anywhere these stock 25" Dunlops won't take me....

Attachments

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
I'm getting real close to buying a honda 450r... used to ride an ex-buddy of mine's all the time, until he started being a douche and I haven't talked to him since.

Of all the quads I've ridden.. older ranchers/400ex, polaris scrambler/outlaw, few kawis, I like the ride of the 450r the best, and that's what I'd buy.

I wish we had dunes like you guys do... the closest thing we've got around here to action is the little MX tracks the guys dig in at the local sand pit. not really very exciting... Just not enough fun to warrant heading out there... I'd rather launch the jetski on a 40 degree day and wear a wet suit.

·
I have a Straight Six
3,443 Posts

2001 Polaris Trailblazer 250's

·
Registered
184 Posts
This is the pic when I first bought the bike (brand new '07 model) months ago:

Its a 2007 Suzuki LTZ-400. Its not near stock anymore. I'll have to get some more recent pics of it. Not as nice and shiny either! As you can tell, thats when I first got it and used to wash it! We dont have too many places to ride around here, but this bike moves along just fine in the water and mud with the right tires on it. Ive had half the fenders underwater and putted right across it.

EDIT: No pictures of me or anyone else I ride with though. We also come out drenched head to toe in water or covered in mud depending on weather. So cameras arent too good of an idea!

-Tyler

·
CheeseBurger Milkshake!!
3,760 Posts
I'll post pics of mine soon. I'm picking up the frame from the powdercoater on Saturday. Can't wait to put it back together--my spare bedroom is filled with parts--Houser +1 a-arms, Elka triple rates, revalved rear shock and a Laegers +1 1/4 swingarm. New plastics will be ordered next week.:rockon

·
has no skidplate
4,320 Posts
What kind of ATV you looking at? Sport or Utility?
a utility for sure, the simpler and fewer frills it has the better IMO
i'd like a yamaha as i love my yamaha bike, i'll prolly end up getting something cheap and used if i do get one, the problem is every used one i see seems to have problems

·
Registered
294 Posts
I don't own one, but the junkyard I work at sells Can Am ATV's and if I ever get one I will surely get a Can Am Renegade 800.
http://www.atvscene.com/machines/can-am/renegade800-firstlook.html
I put together the one we have on display. My boss saw me drooling over it and he says "Why don't you take it out in the yard and make sure it runs!";). And run it fawkin does, I had it up to 65 mph in the 100 foot stretch with power to keep going. I had to bring it to a stop barely before I ran out of room, I tried to power brake it to flip around and it just kept on lifting the front off the ground. It can break loose and power slide on command once you get used to it. About the most wheeling I have done with it was taking it through a snow filled ditch, which it did with no effort. It's one wild ride!:rockon

·
Registered
184 Posts
I wish I could find a used, cheap 4x4 ATV for sale. Im very picky as to what I want, but Id like to have a 4x4 as well, just to have th best of both worlds :thumbup

-Tyler

·
Registered
305 Posts
I used to have a Honda 400....god how I hated that damn thing! It would always overheat, not enough power, blah friggin blah. Then I upgraded! Definitely best idea ever! I love my YFZ450, even though it kicks me off sometimes. ;)

At Gorman on my Uncles 70, once I got the hang of the thing, it was a blast!

In Glamis on my Uncles 400. It was an accident.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts