Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 87 ranger and I need to bleed the slave cylinder. I tried bleeding it like you would bleed brake but I don't think it's really making any progress. Anyone ever do this befor?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yes, just as easy.
There was a tech service bulletin about making sure replacements had the 'improved seal'
Are you just not getting pressure, or its it leaking? The clutch master may have failed.

I'm assuming you mean the internal clutch slave cylinder.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, just as easy.
There was a tech service bulletin about making sure replacements had the 'improved seal'
Are you just not getting pressure, or its it leaking? The clutch master may have failed.

I'm assuming you mean the internal clutch slave cylinder.
I just bought the truck and I can tell by looking at it that the whole system is new and I was told the internal slave cylinder is new. It's just squirting fluid out the top of the master cylinder but air is also coming out of the bleeder valve. Should I just keep trying to pump it and open it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Try opening the bleeder and letting gravity do its work. That should get most of the air out.

Else get a helper and bleed it the old fashioned way. Are you getting resistance in the pedal at all?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I got it mostly bled by the gravity way. It has a little more resistance now but the pedal still just stays on the floor

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,194 Posts
You need someone to pump the clutch up just like doing brakes. Its seems to take longer, but its not impossible.

IF you've been trying for a long time and it's not getting any better, you may have a leak somewhere.

KC

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I have always reverse bled these

I have a pump that fits on a brake fluid can that pumps fluid from the slave bleeder back into the master cylinder
always worked well for me

1 - 7 of 7 Posts