Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1983 Bronco XLT
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my new to me 83 and had noticed this badge on the back, but didn't pay much mind until I got it home. I know plenty of stores sell custom badges to add, but this one looks like its been on there a while with how the black paint was under originally before being worn off and isn't just glued on. The truck has had a bit of work done by someone, nothing too major, but it has a roll bar and some signs here and there its had stuff modified and changed over the years. Last owner got it from a family member and don't know any history besides that. Just wondering if this badge means anything or just somebody's addon?
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exterior Automotive lighting Vehicle door

·
Registered
1983 Bronco XLT
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So feel kind of dumb finding it right after posting, but looks like the logo for a town in Austria? Not sure what it is doing on here, may have to do a carfax and see if this has ever been to Austria. Or maybe some owner just loved this "Tyrol" (spelt Tirol in some cases). Maybe someone still has info out there.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
16,523 Posts
Could be the name of a dealership?

·
Registered
1995 Eddie Bauer- 351W
123 Posts
Tirol is a region of Austria. Really well known for skiing, climbing, kayaking, base jumping, speed flying, any "extreme" type sports. Innsbruck is the main town, which is very well known to skiers in particular. I spent some time there, and I am pretty sure the font on that emblem is exactly like their marketing material.

·
Registered
1995 Eddie Bauer- 351W
123 Posts
Here is their tourist website. Looks the same to me.
Take it as a sign and take a vacation over there. It is incredible.

·
Registered
1983 Bronco XLT
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the replies. Doing a reverse image search I found the town in Austria and saw it had the same logo for their marketing. Just wasn't sure if there was something more as not many Broncos made their way to that part of the world. Ran a carfax and it doesn't have any indication the car has ever left CA. So guess just belonged to someone who loved the Austrian area.

·
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
18,059 Posts
Thanks for all the replies. Doing a reverse image search I found the town in Austria and saw it had the same logo for their marketing. Just wasn't sure if there was something more as not many Broncos made their way to that part of the world. Ran a carfax and it doesn't have any indication the car has ever left CA. So guess just belonged to someone who loved the Austrian area.
I know you found your answer, but quite a few fords were sold over there. We even have a member who's father bought his Bronco, NEW, in Kuwait.

I too would guess the PO was a fan of that region in Austria.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts