Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think im going to move my front axle forward about 8" to improve approach angle a bit and help the wheel base out a little. Has anyone ever tried it? I can move the steering gear box forward about 5"s and the spring buckets forward about 8". what do you guys think? I know i will have to get a longer drive shaft and cut the fenders but thats cool with me.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Good thing for us fullsize owners is, jeepers are stretching theirs to get to our wheelbase. 102-106" is about perfect for most (!) trails. I would be more concerned with the departure angle, than the approach angle

·
Registered
237 Posts
I prepped mine to move the spring tower foreward to where the front shock and track bar are mounted. I just have to fabricate new track bar mounts. I don't have to move the gear box but then I am only moving the spring tower right up to the box. My only concern for when I actually do it is wether or not the drag link is going to bind. Of course heim joint steering would solve this. I would like to see photo's if you go 8". You have to box the frame all the way foreward don't you? Probably be good to fab a crossmember at the frame horns for strength.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Hey travis, i cant reply to your PM untill you take me off your ignore list.
go into user CP and then to the ignor elist, and edit me out

if you do a search on FSB about ignore lists there are a good set of directions on how to take badassbronco off your ignore list. :thumbup

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
/\
|
|
|
he cant read that if your on his ignore list so incase he hasnt taken you off his list yet ill repost what you said

"Hey travis, i cant reply to your PM untill you take me off your ignore list.
go into user CP and then to the ignor elist, and edit me out

if you do a search on FSB about ignore lists there are a good set of directions on how to take badassbronco off your ignore list."
-BadassBronco

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
oh, last i rembered was that you couldnt read the post and it said something to the effect of "you cant view this post becuse this person is on your ignore list take this person off your ignore list to view this post."

1 - 13 of 13 Posts