Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy here. I am from Simi Valley, which is in Ventura County. I have been looking for fellow Bronco owners to wheel with. My bud has a Bronco, but, he just doesn't really know what is up, if ya know what I mean.. hehhe;) He has his rig more for looks then anything else..

Anyways. this place is killer and I am glad to have found it .

·
Premium Member
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh right on Robert. you are bout 10 minutes away from where I live. Where do ya go wheeling in Chatsworth?

·
Registered
267 Posts
I don't go very often, my 4x4 use is mainly work related (Ya shucks, gotta use 4x4 for work...) but I really don't go because I haven't found anyone to go with (Maybe I have now :)) Also there isn't much that I've found around our area, most of it is pretty much hiking only area, you gotta go like 30mi at least either way to find anything of wheeling value...

·
Premium Member
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine is my daily driver as well. I usually go to Kern River 3 or 4 times a year. It is great up there. Got our own little campsite and such. Road changes from trip to trip cause of the weather and the "geniuses" with their pretty little two wheel drives trying to get down the road, diggin it up and such. But, all in all, it is a fun trip..

Gorman and Frazier Park aren't too far away. Always some good stuff up there as well.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I'm in Chatsworth also.

Gorman, Frazier Park, Drinkwater Flats (closed temporarily), Miller Jeep Trail.

All less than an hour away from us.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Another guy from Chatsworth? Coolness... now I gotta keep an eye out for your rig. If you see an OJ Bronco zipping around with two spotlites on the door pillars that's me :p

·
Registered
562 Posts
I'm ready to hit the snow and I'd like to go to Pismo sometime. Gorman is the best around, but I've done most trails there in 2wd when I had open diffs. Even the mud (more like water) pit didn't require 4wd. It'll be more fun now with posi though.

·
huh
7,195 Posts
did u go up the rock hill thing in the obstacle course..?

andy is like 10 minutes from pismo.. im sure hes down to go there whenever..

·
huh
7,195 Posts
burntPiston said:
Yeah, I ran all of the things in the truck park. I did use low range for the rock climb.
cool.. got any pics.. i looked through your site but couldnt find any..

·
Registered
562 Posts
No pics. Only off road pics I have are those 2 from Drinkwater and the lame one from Palm Desert. Only wheel with 1 guy that has a digicam, but I went alone to Gorman the last 2 times.

I plan to go again soon, maybe someone there will have a camera.

·
huh
7,195 Posts
im getting close to being ready.. i have a digicam surgically attached to my hand.. gonna test the truck out in gorman.. have some annoying problems holding me back though..

·
Premium Member
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Burnt Piston,
Let me know when you are gonna roll to Gorman again.. Or anywhere else around the area. I am always up for a little run.. I haven't gotten too crazy in the Beast., but, hell, up for it. :thumbup

·
Registered
562 Posts
Bronkzilla...what do you need to test on your truck? Looks like it'll do all of Gorman with four flats the way it's set up.

Nevermind...just saw that you're the one with the new coilover setup that needs breaking in.

Want to do another one? :thumbup

·
huh
7,195 Posts
gotta test lots of stuff out.. truck has changed alot since it broke..

gorman claimed another bronco.. that place is cursed.. ive seen it take out a tcase, 2 alternators, a starter and other stuff..

including my front pump seal and torque converter.,.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts