Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey whats up there 'ole Dixie:drinkbud Just wondering if anyone was from Florida? I got a few questions that I'd like to get answered about Florida in general....Like,....Do most houses in Flordia have attic's or not? I ask, cause I do residential electrical work and I'm always the poor sucker thats gotta get up there. Here in the Mid-Altanic, when it gets in the 90's outside, I know it's gotta be pushin 140° up there in the attic. Definatley can't see me doing this when I hit my 40's which isn't thaaaaaaaatttt far off.
Anyways, I gotta a few other ??'s as well.....Thanx's

·
College User
2,026 Posts
attic rat is not fun task on summer day or any day in general. Always over 20* hotter in attic than outside. Attic is the souths basement so everyone uses them to store junk.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
16,204 Posts
You definitely don't want to be up in an attic during the day time. Early morning, like before 10 and late afternoon or evening if you can do it.. Temps can reach well over 125 degrees, which is hot enough to cause a not so healthy person to stroke out..When we bought our house the inspector used a hand held temperature reader to check for adequate ventilation, the actual temp was 124 in our attic. It's a good place to go if you like to sweat..

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanx's people.....but thats not exactly what I was hopin to hear :( that sux's! Yea, The wifey and myself have been wanting to move to Florida and a few people here in MD that we did work for had lived in Florida and they said no attic's. So I was really interested cause thats gotta be the worst part of my job. I'd guess that we install atleast 10-15 ceiling fans a week....thats the minimum. I almost passed out after coming down outta one the other day. I can't even imagine how much hotter it'd have to be in your attic's! Wouch!! I dunno if I could deal with that:whiteflag

1 - 8 of 8 Posts