Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shopping for another truck. Specifically, a 96, 351 truck.

I feel like buildin me a motor, and wanna do some readin.

Low budget oriented, yet anything goes, and I get what I want....I just don't know what I want yet.

I ain't looking for how to rebuild an engine, that's easy enough.......I wanna see build specs and dyno numbers. I want to see how dollars equate to horsepower on the OBD2, MAF 1996 351W

I can get a million hits on google, but anyone got any favorite reading? links? bookmarks?

·
LS Swap Everything!
26,232 Posts
I think you're just looking for a handout of information..... It's not that easy.

Most guys build a 393, or 408 stroker with their 351's. Since you're running MAF, and OBDII you have a better chance & ability to tune the PCM to run with a Higher Compression short block, heads that flow exponentially over the E7 heads, and the choice of many single or double throttle body intakes.

Basically, as long as you run a capable Cam shaft that fits the LSA degree specifications, you should end up with a modest 300-400 horse power plant. You can buy head & cam kits online through vendors like Edelbrock, or you can piece your own set together.

Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts