Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been looking for a good looking hood scoop for my 78 bronco, it doesn't matter what color it is i just need to find one

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
i got a sweet 2.5" cowl scoop off ebay. harwood makes them, summit & JEGS sells them.

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
im just trying to figure out how to mount it. im not big on fit & finish, especially on a non functional scoop. i think i am going to drill small pilot holes around my scoop, evenly spaced at 1" or 1.5 maybe 2" and use some self tapping screws that have metal washers with rubber on them. as long as its even and looks decent that way i can trade it to a new hood if i ever need to. plus i lucked out. get this, my two tone tan factory paint is an exact match for the $.94 walmart rattle cans. who could ask for more. i can use it for my scoop & my lund visor.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
That's great, jason from new york, but I think this belongs in your own thread. Plus, the page wouldn't show up for me

We were unable to process your request.

We are sorry, but we were unable to process your request.

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
worked fine for me, nice looking scoop

i think he was just trying to show some examples of the scoops that people use so bubba could get an idea of where to look. but i dont want to speak for anybody. try hood scoop on ebay bubba, thats where i got mine. i noticed harwood raised the cost in summit & JEGS for the whole line of cowls. the 2.5" was $79.50 and now its like $90. thats why i went ebay

lonestar ... thats funny, i just got it after two or three times. man, open hood forced air induction. like cops and cabs in the summer

·
Registered
606 Posts
just my preference but i think the ones off or 80's mustangs look good on broncos, check ebay they go for around 25-50, and you can cut out the middle part to make it functional if it already hasnt been done. just my .02

·
Registered
64 Posts
l remember years ago seeing a 78-79 Bronco w/ a L-78 Corvette scoop. It looked tits. You used to be able to get them from JC Witneys for reasonable$

·
Welcome to the jungle
678 Posts
axaviere said:
lonestar ... thats funny, i just got it after two or three times. man, open hood forced air induction.
Well, it bashed the side, so that hinge if screwed with a capitial "F"
i can get it to latch, but the rear is about 2 inches away from lining up. Maybe it sucks air in? I know the dang rain sure pours in... Where my rear window used to be too :banghead

like cops and cabs in the summer
Huh? :shrug

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,716 Posts
Thats a great find, F1.... :thumbup

And welcome to Our Home, Dont forget to VOTE for the site on the top page and for FOTM {Fullsize Of The Month}.

Allcruisen :imp :usa

P.S. As for your question goes. I have a GT500 hood scoop but its for my '67 Mustang...... :histerica :wacko

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
around here in the summer, the cops and the taxi cabs all pop the hood. just so its raised up a little and still latched. just to let a little more air flow around i guess.
heres mine

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey thanks for the ideas guys, i think i'm gonna try to get a scoop off an old torino cuz i think that would look pritty damn good

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
yeah that is a nice scoop iicr. i didnt really care about functionality, im not cutting the hood. yet. but i didnt want to collect all of the stuff that will fly in the hole. i may be over cautious, i doubt that it will suck in that much stuff, but still. i did think about punching louvers in the hood. but i think about alot of stuff.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Axaviere, Just a thought.... you could drill some holes and use aluminum rivets. They look cool and don't rust like self-tappers and a little silicone will water-proof them.

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
the only thing about the pop rivets is the heads are smaller and i worry about it breaking thru the fiberglass. i could always use washers. there are some self tapping screws with rubber backed washers at the hardware store i was looking at. i gotta play with the scoop to see how much it has to flex to fit along the contours of the hood.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Look at the rivet's next time your there. They make some big ones. Post some pic's when your done.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts