Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
si vis pacem, para bellum
3,511 Posts
i love fishign from my kayak. i do some stripper fishing every year from my 11' 6" dagger and it works great. when you hook a large one you can pull up the anchor (if your using one) and tire the fish out really fast because it will drag the boat

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I don't fish from Kayaks,but I do sometimes troll from the Hobie.I know a few guys that paddle out off the beach and like it,but I'm working on getting rocket launchers on the back of the waverunner since my gf's son took out the center console,immediately drove through a grass bed,overheated the shit out of the Mariner and fncked it up.Check this out; http://www.pierandsurf.com/fishing-forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24 It should answer all.

Check out Fishopedia too

·
Registered
971 Posts
I fish from a canoe sometimes when i dont take the bass boat out.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i love fishign from my kayak. i do some stripper fishing every year from my 11' 6" dagger and it works great. when you hook a large one you can pull up the anchor (if your using one) and tire the fish out really fast because it will drag the boat
that's gotta be interesting, being pulled by a fish lol

·
si vis pacem, para bellum
3,511 Posts
that's gotta be interesting, being pulled by a fish lol
if you hook into a big stripper or a big drum it will. there are guys in california that go fishing for big fish in kayaks (tuna. and sail fish) those dudes are crazy

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if you hook into a big stripper or a big drum it will. there are guys in california that go fishing for big fish in kayaks (tuna. and sail fish) those dudes are crazy
ha! i wonder what they do if they land them

The wife and I fish in kayaks often.
what kind of rigs do yall have? pics maybe? actually, anyone that posts in here should talk about their rig..i have a Perception Caster 12.5

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
I have used a couple different kayaks from http://www.oceankayak.com/, including a single seat model and a tandem. Both were about 13-14 feet long Angler editions. I actually preferred the tandem, even when by myself, just because it had more room for stuff like a tackle box and small cooler for beer. I fished with one or the other for about two years, just never bought one. It was too harsh on my back sitting on top of a little seat, either with my legs dangling in the water over the sides or straight out in front of me during travel. IT was a real blast, though, to hook a redfish and have it tow me around until it tired. ifished in the local bays and small marsh lakes in shallow water, where i could spot the reds tailing on the flats. I also used an 11-ft pirogue now and then, or when others were using the kayaks. I usually ended up having to poll the flats with that thing. JSM84

1 - 10 of 10 Posts