Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
U jelly of my
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got bored so I was going through exhaust stuff for my truck... All I can find anywhere, from FSB to youtube is... flowmaster, flowmaster, flowmaster.

So, is anyone on this site running a lightning style side exit? I've been wanting to do a side exit with a magnaflow DI/DO muffler for a while but a custom exhaust setup just isn't in my near future. I really do wish someone made a catback that exited before the rear wheels, but whatever. If someone has this setup on a lifted truck and I like it, I might just wait on the exhaust til I can afford something, but I was also thinking about how well this would hold up off road. I have a feeling going up or down steep rocky hills would just rip these tips right off if they were before the rear wheel. NO I am not cutting a hole in my body to run the pipe through...

Is a rear exit where the stock pipe is better offroad then a lightning style? I figure they are both pretty vulnerable to rocks, but I haven't hit my stock exhaust and I am sure if I had a lightning style I would have ripped it off already... If I don't go side exit I might look into a gibson stainless catback.

So, anyone have, or have pics of, a lightning style side exit on a stock or lifted bronco?

·
I Paid for this sh!t
675 Posts
well ryan, you want form, or function?

·
U jelly of my
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well ryan, you want form, or function?
both, is that to much to ask in this crazy world? My whole build is a mix of both, I built a truck that (IMO) looks great, and can tear mother nature a new asshole when the time comes...

·
U jelly of my
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I remember heartthrob made a dual out the back, but I've never seen a side exit... I don't even think anyone sells a catback side exit for an F150 either, although I swore magnaflow did, I haven't found anything.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Not sure you are talking about the second gen lightning but JDM and bassani makes exhausts. I had a bassani on my 2001 lightning.

·
U jelly of my
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Karter... here you go, custom though, not made that way:
To bad you don't have dual tips, but that looks nice, your whole truck is just damn clean

Not sure you are talking about the second gen lightning but JDM and bassani makes exhausts. I had a bassani on my 2001 lightning.
I've seen alot of gen 1 guys put gen 2 style side exits on.

I just really love how that looks.

If only I knew of a good exhaust shop, I'd just ger a lightning CB and have them make it work... Argh!!!!

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Thanks man... I try to keep her up. Here is a picture of a good friend of mine, he also did a custom exhast, and kept the lighting tips...

·
Howdy howdy howdy!
5,515 Posts
For what its worth... My diesel is rocking that setup with a fat 6-7" tip right in front of the wheel. Minus the fawking soot on those clean Alcoas I haven't had a single problem and my truck sees some wheeling.

·
Registered
7,898 Posts
That is the plan for my next exhaust. I don't wheel, so I don't give a shit about possibly banging it up. I think the dual tip passenger side exit is sex. As soon as I figure out what to do for a y-pipe, going to have a new exhaust fabbed up locally.

·
U jelly of my
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
For what its worth... My diesel is rocking that setup with a fat 6-7" tip right in front of the wheel. Minus the fawking soot on those clean Alcoas I haven't had a single problem and my truck sees some wheeling.
I figure as long as I keep it close to the rear wheel I shouldn't have any problems.... I'll take my chances :toothless

That is the plan for my next exhaust. I don't wheel, so I don't give a shit about possibly banging it up. I think the dual tip passenger side exit is sex. As soon as I figure out what to do for a y-pipe, going to have a new exhaust fabbed up locally.

Do you know what exhaust that is? I was thinking, since it'd be really hard to have a true dual exit, maybe I'd just get a bronco Y pipe and split the end from 1 to 2, and then have it go into that.

·
U jelly of my
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok so digging around NLOC, I found this

Thats a bassani CB for a gen 1 L....

I'm going to find out what kit this is and see how much it is.... I could then run a bassani X pipe for a gen 1 L and make it all work...

·
U jelly of my
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok so after alittle searching here is what I've come up with....

Bassani 58150L4 is a 2nd gen lightning style side exit for 93-95 lightnings

http://www.amazon.com/Bassani-Xhaust-BASSANI-58150L4-EXHAUST/dp/B000FKGCV6

Bassani 58150L5 is an exit beind the rear tire in the stock location catback.

http://www.amazon.com/Bassani-Xhaust-BASSANI-58150L5-EXHAUST/dp/B000FKEQH8

Although, nobody has a ****ing picture of it! :tinfoil

I'll see if anyone on NLOC has some pics/vids of this setup... If it sounds good I might go this way, to hell with the expenses!

·
U jelly of my
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Holy shit that is expensive.

Gotta be a cheaper solution out there.
I might have to go out of state to get an exhaust done. My friend wanted a stainless steel 2.25" dual exhaust built for his crown vic and he got quoted 1400 dollars... Jersey prices are just to expensive :doh0715:

I'll keep looking around

1 - 20 of 56 Posts