Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's the manufacturer?

I'm seeing lots of different side steps online but I'm looking for conformation on a pair that'll fit for sure.

Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Previous Owner Installed Westin Tube Steps

I have Westins Tube Steps on mine 92 right now.

http://westinautomotive.com/westin/viewproduct.jsp?prod=Signature+Series+3"+Round+Nerf+Bars&id=26&vehicleId=&year=1992&make=FORD&model=Bronco&submodel=&cabstyle=&guid=c87bb96b-224d-ace7-a258-f77dbf6a7f67

Only Issue I have is that they are a little snug to the body in the front. I wouldn't mind them being an inch or so lower. You can see in the photo they aren't level. The rear bracket would allow me to adjust them up easily, but then there wouldn't be much room to fit your foot. I need to look and see if I can lower the front bracket some.
[/IMG]

·
Registered
217 Posts
I've got the stainless westins on mine and they're pretty good. Like jm said tho they can be a little tight to the body. Summit sells them and they're free shipping.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Find a used pair off ebay or a JY off an original 92-96 f150 if you want a more factory look or fit.
Mine are aftermarket but look similar to the factory originals. I like these better than the sidesteps but it is all a matter of preference. I had sidesteps on my tacoma and they looked great.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Find a used pair off ebay or a JY off an original 92-96 f150 if you want a more factory look or fit.
Mine are aftermarket but look similar to the factory originals. I like these better than the sidesteps but it is all a matter of preference. I had sidesteps on my tacoma and they looked great.
I would be interested in the aftermarket similar looking ones you are refereeing to. Do you have a link or a product name I can try to find online?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh. well shit. Question...are these both called the same thing?...because I was referring to what's in the top pic.

·
Super Moderator
26,017 Posts
yo, This is our 96 w/SmittyBilt tube type; I believe this was dropped when the firm was sold a few years ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
561 Posts
yo, This is our 96 w/SmittyBilt tube type; I believe this was dropped when the firm was sold a few years ago.
Ok I like the way they look so I guess will find me a set of tube style... Thanks

·
Registered
274 Posts
I would be interested in the aftermarket similar looking ones you are refereeing to. Do you have a link or a product name I can try to find online?
I don't think they make them anymore or are even in business. Mine are not the deflectashield but were made by Lamar...I think. Not around the truck atm.

If you like that syle find a junkyard F150...there should be some around or Ebay that were factory.

·
Super Moderator
26,017 Posts
Ok I like the way they look so I guess will find me a set of tube style... Thanks
yo Ez,

The Smitty's are holding up well after about 18 years; black powder coating still look good with no rust; attaches to body mount and leaf spring bracket!
I applied the slip proof self adhesive tape on top section.

·
Registered
363 Posts
fyi it's easy to locate the tube style if you search for them as "nerf bars."

I don't know what year bronco you have but I have a 94 and the compatible one for mine is the Westin 23-0530 (stainless) and 23-0535 (black).

The pictures on amazon show them as a two step setup (as if you had rear doors) but the questions and reviews indicate otherwise.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Just an FYI - if anyone is looking for the Westin's that fit the FSB/F series trucks Amazon has a great deal on them. Just picked up 2 for each truck at @ $115.06 ea plus free shipping. Its part of Amazon's May Truck Specials. Here is the link for the black ones if anyone else is interested. The Chorme ones are $167.27 ea

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000LY5K1O/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/Westin-23-0530-E-Series-Polished-Stainless/dp/B000LY5K14/ref=pd_sim_sbs_263_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=1WEXM06S0V9A7K1CEFQC

·
Registered
561 Posts
Thanks for the info SteelHorse. I found a guy trying to sell a 93 flareside that has not run for 10 years. He is trying to sell it whole but is considering parting it out. He wants $100 for each step and said the support bars are rotted out and would need replacing. Where in the world would you find those I thought so I figured for $16 more dollars I can get a new set from Amazon and bought one set for each truck. They should be here in a 4 days...

·
Registered
561 Posts
If you are looking at the ones on Amazon.com I think the sale price ends May 31st just so you know. One of the 2 I ordered just arrived today, hoping to maybe get it on this weekend..

·
Registered
731 Posts
I installed a set today on my 86. Just measure back about 11" from the front of the rocker, drill your first hole for the front hanger, then punch your back hanger, should be lined up perfect. Took me a whole 45 minutes to install both sides.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts