Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any have a 80-86 Smitty tube bumper on a 92-96 style bronco or F150? I'm wondering how it will look since I have my old bumper from my 85.. and wanna put it on my 93. But would like to see what it looks like before I go through the trouble of drilling the frame and everything.

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well ya I could do that. But why not just ask to see if someone has done it and has a picture of it? I aint doing it for a couple weeks anyways. Garage is full and it's around 0 degrees outside.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I don't know how much they changed the bumper itself when they went to the the 92-96 but Scheki on this site had one on his 95 that he has pictures posted of. And its also his ave. It's on my 96 now but I don't have a digital camera to post a pic.

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The bumper I have doesn't wrap around as part of the fender like the 93 style would. Thats the only difference.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts
I got one, here ya go:

They hold up! I totaled a full size cadilac with that bumper. :D Top pictrue was when it was new. Bottom picture is after a few :banghead
So as you can see, 45MPH into a full size vehicle holds up great :thumbup

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya I got pictures of it on my 85 bronco. I want to know what it looks like on a 93 style :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Bronco85 / Fireguy,
I like that bumper - a lot. My bumper got bent out of shape being pulled out of a sand trap and I was looking for a replacement.

One question - does the tube bumper have tow points? Or is there enough access to the frame to mount some tow hooks?

Thanks,
Ryan

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The frame is very well exposted. You can pretty much put the tow hook where ever you want it to be.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts