Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in Nevada..................

In briefing today we were told about a jail/prison riot in Nevada that has put us on alert. Have anyone of ya'll heard about this and if you have, do you know where I can find the article online? I can't remember the city in Nevada it was in and I want to see it.

Thanks

·
Registered
604 Posts
Article I found from the Las Vegas Review Journal site (lvrj.com):

Wednesday, December 03, 2003
Copyright © Las Vegas Review-Journal

Inmates hurt in riot at prison in Baker

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

BAKER, Calif. -- A riot and small fire started Tuesday night at the private Cornell Correctional Facility, and at least 18 inmates were injured, officials said.

Prison officials called for help shortly after 8 p.m., and units from the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department, California Highway Patrol and Chino Hills Police Department responded. The riot involved more than 100 inmates, officials said.

The prison yard was secured at 10:30 p.m., and prisoners were locked down, said Tracey Martinez, a spokeswoman for the San Bernardino County Fire Department.

All of the injured were prisoners, and most of the injured suffered stab wounds, she said.

Officials made no reports of injuries to guards.

A small blaze was confined to a container in a guard's shack.

The 262-bed facility is run by the privately held, Houston-based Cornell Companies. The Baker prison, under contract with the California Department of Corrections, handles minimum-security male offenders.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts