Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am moving to the Phoenix area shortly and will be looking for a job out there. I can do about anything but looking to get in with a company such as Pepsi, Coke, Fedex, UPS, Etc. Something that has a future with a great company. Aside from that I am open to lots... have a VERY stable work history, am mechanically inclined, and learn quick!

·
THE GHETTO VAQUERO
2,450 Posts
Good luck with your search. I have been applying to them places for go knows how long, and I even worked for Pepsi in Cali. UPS is not hiring anyone right now from what my brother and all the other people I know working there tell me. Jobs are scarce out here right now, so do your homework before you get here, and try having something in play before hand. If you are lucky enough to get in with UPS be prepared to work only 4 hr shifts loadin/unloading for a few 6 or more years. They only promote their drivers from within the company, and the ones they have aren't going anywhere anytime soon. My brother been doing it for like 20 some years. Great place to work, and should be easy to get in when they are hiring. Good luck to you, hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
Although its good that you have your sights set on some specific companies, I would suggest you start sending your resume out now, to every job position that it sounds like you are qualified for. The job market is tough right now and it could take you months to land a gig... take what you can get, then keep on trying to get on with the companies you mentioned. My 2 pennies worth.

·
Registered
251 Posts
i would check out a company called kalil in phoenix. They are a pepsi, coke, mtn dew, all kinds of different drinks. I dont think they do bottling but there one of the big distribution plates here in phoenix i believe. I see there trucks all the time, its a suggestion for you. there are alot more distribution centers in phoenix if you are looking to do that kinda work. you can google distribution centers in phoenix and you should get a list of them. hope this info was helpful.

·
Registered
240 Posts
As the weather cools off, snowbirds start showing up, things get busier and places start hiring. Around here there's also many agriculture jobs for the produce season, but they all end in May. Can't speak for the Phoenix area, but that's how it is in Yuma. Right now we have almost 30% unemployment. It sucks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts