Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would anyone like to help?

hey yall whats up??? i was wondering if anyone in eastern NC or close enough to Ft. Bragg would be interested in helping a fellow bronco owner install a 4" suspension lift when i get back from afghanistan??? i dont have the tools and equipment nessacery to do this myself. i will drive within reason and i will buy lunch and beers. if interested let me know it would be greatly appreciated in that my truck looks like a sissy with the stock rims and tires.

P.S. i was reading a thread about a different 4" lift where the guy had to drill additioal holes does anyone know about a the rough country 4" if you have to do that or not? thanks

·
trying to go fast!!
1,082 Posts
Hey iam to far to help you iam in South Alabama. but just would like to say thanks for what yal are doing over their!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
when do you get back? if i cant help i know some pope people who would. if you dont mind the chairforce that is.
dont mind the air force at all... it would be one hell of a swim to get back to the states so i need yall... i should be back sometime in may... i need all the help i can get since they closed down the division garage and i dont have anything to do the install with... my other option is to drive down to my buddies place at Ft. Benning, GA and have him help me out with it... i will give you my contact info when i get back. thanks

dan

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i said i would bump this as time got closer. well time is definately closer. i would love to do this myself but i dont have the tools or place or know how to. i have been calling garages in the area and they are all quoting between $600 and $800. i can drive a good distance on the weekends so that shouldnt be a problem as long as i get a pass. here is what i got. a stock 90 xlt. and i already have sitting in a storage unit: a 4" rough country suspension lift with all the extras extended brake lines stearing stabalizers, drop arm, ect... and 33" x12.50 tires on 15x8 wheels already mounted and balanced. any help would be appreciated as i really dont want to spend $600 for a shop to do it. thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
I am down at Jackson, but my time has been way crazy (hard to schedule anything!)...we have a bunch of guys in NC around the Charlotte area. Maybe some of them can chime in...

(PAGING JOHNSKI...JOHNSKI message line one!!!!!)

·
Registered
809 Posts
If you don't find someone closer by the time you get back, shoot me a PM. I'm between Augusta GA and Columbia SC. My schedule is crazy so can't make any promises, but I'll try to clear a day for you. I had that same exact lift... and yes there is some drilling required, but it's not that bad. If I were you I'd try to find something close, or either schedule a couple days and stay wherever you do the install overnight. You need to drive it around some after the install to let it settle in and RECHECK all bolts before hitting the Interstate for a couple hundred miles....just my .02

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i could definately stay in aiken or augusta for the night. i will actually be down in augusta in october for 9 damn months... i have been to aiken once or twice while i was in school at ft. gordon... i will definately let you know when i get back me and the wife will be in the area looking for apartments and a job for her... thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm up here next to raleigh and would love to help you, my brother is in the army and I know what it is like over there he's been and fixing to deploy again. Just let me know when you get back and we can shedule one weekend.

Thanks Dustin.

P.S. Thanks for your service

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm up here next to raleigh and would love to help you, my brother is in the army and I know what it is like over there he's been and fixing to deploy again. Just let me know when you get back and we can shedule one weekend.

thanks man. i will definately let you know. i know how it is to deploy man. this is my 3rd tour, and i just re enlisted so im sure it wont be my last...
when i get back i should have 3 day weekends for a while so ill get at you and find out what weekend would be best for you. thanks again.

dan

·
Registered
19 Posts
10-4 Just let me know something.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I'm here at Bragg and would be willing to help you out. I've got all the tools needed, we could knock it out in no time. Let me know if you still need help and I'll shoot you my cell# and you can give me call when you get back.

·
tactical-mike
5,560 Posts
I'm here at Bragg and would be willing to help you out. I've got all the tools needed, we could knock it out in no time. Let me know if you still need help and I'll shoot you my cell# and you can give me call when you get back.
this guy is a good mechanic. if you work it out with him , i'd be willing to drive the 2 hours to help brian out with your lift install.

besides , i love free food and free beer :beer

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

that would be sweet man... i will send you a pm with my cell number when i get back should be within the next week and a half... :thumbup

this guy is a good mechanic. if you work it out with him , i'd be willing to drive the 2 hours to help brian out with your lift install.

besides , i love free food and free beer :beer

there will definately be food and beer bought by me for anyone who is willing to help... :beer

·
Registered
648 Posts
that would be sweet man... i will send you a pm with my cell number when i get back should be within the next week and a half... :thumbup

there will definately be food and beer bought by me for anyone who is willing to help... :beer
Thats cool, were getting ready to head over there at the end of the year so we've been pretty busy, but we can get your bronco taken care of no problem.

·
Registered
648 Posts
this guy is a good mechanic. if you work it out with him , i'd be willing to drive the 2 hours to help brian out with your lift install
Thanks Mike, come on down. We could even fire up the grill.:beer

·
Retired
16,015 Posts
Nice!!! :chili:

What kind of Bronco you got man??? We need specs???

78/79
80-86
87-91
92-96

Not that I would be much help in Ga but I would like to follow the thread...:toothless

·
Retired
16,015 Posts
Never mind just paid attention to your name..:banghead

Yes you will have to drill holes for your lift. I have the rough country (with new rear leafs for about $1000 included quad shocks and break lines)on my Bronco and been happy with it. It doesn't perform as good as my 79 but that isn't apples to apples either...:thumbup

Here is a good place to deal with.

http://www.rockymountainsusp.com/

·
tactical-mike
5,560 Posts
Thanks Mike, come on down. We could even fire up the grill.:beer
just give me a notice. im game.
got a lot of work done on mine this month. got a few more things to do . we need to plan a trip. hey, go to carolinabroncos.com and update your dash thread. :beer

1 - 20 of 23 Posts