Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to find another phone for my son. We gave him his mothers GS4 but the screen died on it. I'd like to get him either another GS4 or GS3. He doesn't need a top of the line unit. We just want one for him(Android) so he'll have something to call us on in an emergency and when he gets home from school, just in case the house phone isn't working. I really don't want to spend $20-300 for a phone that's going to get bounced around. Maybe no more than $150ish tops.

I just don't think a Cricket phone is for him. Or the one with 2 buttons on it.

·
Registered
9,863 Posts
I need to find another phone for my son. We gave him his mothers GS4 but the screen died on it. I'd like to get him either another GS4 or GS3. He doesn't need a top of the line unit. We just want one for him(Android) so he'll have something to call us on in an emergency and when he gets home from school, just in case the house phone isn't working. I really don't want to spend $20-300 for a phone that's going to get bounced around. Maybe no more than $150ish tops.

Ebay is a big marketplace for used and "obsolete" (1-2 years old) electronics, especially cell phones. Just buy any used android and you should be able to swap the sim card right over.
I'm guessing by GS4/GS3 You mean samsung galaxy S4/3.
Any android phone should be compatible with whatever sim card you currently have if I'm not mistaken.
From a brief search, it appears that you can get a galaxy s3 in good condition for under $100 all day long if your bidding on it.
That being said, if your looking for just a tough little smartphone, might I recommend the HTC mytouch 3g. I had one as my first smartphone and it still works to this day. It's about 4 years old now. My current phone is an HTC sensation 4G, it's a bit bigger though. I've had mine about 2 years now.

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
10,765 Posts

Try amazon. Type in" refurbished phones". They got a bunch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts