Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you cant tell the hole is in the left shaft area of the rear end assbly....

1. Is it supposed to be there???

2. Can anyone tell just by the picks what rear end this is, I cant find any markings on it.

Thanks in advance!!

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
is it on the bottom of the tube? can you draw an arrow to it in the last pic for a better idea where it is? breathers are the only hole your supposed to have & they are on top of the tube. is it leaking? id clean the area around it & weld a patch on it (edit-unless its the breather i just mentioned, i didnt think i'd have to say it). good excuse to go 1 ton.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is on the top and it is leaking. If that helps??:shrug

Sorry about pic , p.o.s. camera and night shots=crappy pics

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So what would be a good solution for this prob??

I have little experience with rear ends, so excuse my ignorance.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
SoftTopBronco said:
So what would be a good solution for this prob??

I have little experience with rear ends, so excuse my ignorance.
first you need to see wheter the hollow bolt that goes into that hole was removed, or it is broke off.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
there is supposed to be a barb screwed in there that the vent tube attaches too. yours must have come out or broken off. screw a new one in if you can. you might have to get whats left of the old on out first. get a set of easy outs. it will make getting the old one out easyer.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks to all...I went out and looked at it again it looks like the barb was ripped right out.

So I'm ganna try to re-tap it and put another in.

Thanks again :beer

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
i couldnt tell where it was on the axle from the pic, but like i said there is only supposed to be one hole and thats the breather at the top of the axle. on my 9" and D60 they are interchangable. dont know if the 8.8 is the same. use the easy out like posted, use a tap to clean up the threads. i guess if it becomes a problem you can weld a round thick tube about 1" high around it like they do to protect air stems & other stuff, but it may never happen again

1 - 11 of 11 Posts