Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The PO of my house left this in the garage. It has a General Motors logo in the pressure gauge face. It sort of looks like a fuel pressure tester but I’ve never seen one with no other fittings or a hose with braided nylon. Maybe it’s GM specific and all GM vehicles use the same schrader valve fitting? It’s about 15’ long and has a screw-on schrader valve fitting on both ends with this gauge on one end. My guess is an air hose for a compressor with an air pressure gauge but has anyone ever seen this before?

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
7,894 Posts
I wonder if it's tire fill hose for a no-spare GM. My wife's old Soltice had no spare, but had a compressor in the trunk like space in the back of the car.

·
The Tennessee Warden
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder if it's tire fill hose for a no-spare GM. My wife's old Soltice had no spare, but had a compressor in the trunk like space in the back of the car.
Could be something like that. If some GM vehicle has OBA, it would likely be a screw on schrader (for general population simplicity, rather than a quick-disconnect) in the trunk. So maybe screw both ends on and then activate the compressor?

·
Premium Member
1996 Bronco XLT, 351W / ZF5 (under construction) 1996 F150 XLT, 351W/E4OD, D44 SAS
1,255 Posts
I think the horrible Aztec had a compressor in the trunk.

I also thought about a hose for stealing air from your 3 good tires to pump up a flat. "Share the air"

I also thought it could have been a 'chuffer' but it wouldn't have a shrader on both ends.

·
Premium Member
3,853 Posts
i don't know for sure, but i've going to go +1 on air brush hose. can't explain the gm gauge, though.

it just looks like the old air brush hoses my dad had when i was a kid. i remember they were braided like that...that's what sticks out to me.

so i'm probably wrong. :)

·
The Tennessee Warden
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm, just did a quick google search for “GM air hose” and this eBay listing came up - looks exactly like mine. The winner is @El Kabong with.....

General Motors On Board Air hose. Lol

PS, that didn’t show up when I searched before. Haha

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
7,894 Posts
Hmm, just did a quick google search for “GM air hose” and this eBay listing came up - looks exactly like mine. The winner is @El Kabong with.....

General Motors On Board Air hose. Lol

PS, that didn’t show up when I searched before. Haha
Cool! What'd I win? 74.99 oughta buy a pretty good chicken dinner. 😁

1 - 10 of 10 Posts