Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Nick and I have been discussing the possibility of an FSB member sponsored Class 3 race rig. The program would be funded by donations from the members. Each contributing member would have their name on the Bronco, whether it was 50 or 5000 of them, for any donation $20 and up. Each contributor would receive a Broncospeed decal and would be invited to an end of the season banquet. FSB advertisers may also like to sponsor the effort. In fact, Yikesfab would definitely be a sponsor.

I have no experience organizing something of this size, nor do I know the legalities that impact FSB.com. It certainly seems doable.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Why is Roach selling his truck when he's so close to racing it?:banghead
I'm going to have sleep on this but it's tempting as heck. Would save a ton of time and money as opposed to starting from scratch.:scratchhe

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I'm going to have sleep on this but it's tempting as heck. Would save a ton of time and money as opposed to starting from scratch.:scratchhe
Rick, if you're serious about racing this is too good to pass up. When Ricardo's rig finally sees dirt I really think the bar will be raised in a way that hasn't happened in a long time. Considering the amount of work and intelligent design that's gone into it so far, I think the price is more than fair.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Like Brian said, we have been kicking the fsb Bronco racer around. But if Rick were to buy it, i'm sure he would get plenty of support from us here on Broncospeed, and i'd be the first to volunteer.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Jeez guys. If you only knew how bad I want to do this. My only problem is my relationship with John and the ideas I have in the way I want to build MY race truck. Don't get me wrong I am very impressed with what Roach has done it's just a little radical from my original plans. I'm calling John tomorrow and we'll have to talk about it. The money savings is a huge factor in my thought process now but I hate to go in such a different direction at this point. My loyalties are with AUTOFAB and the friendships I have built with them but the hours of work saved by buying something so near completion is very tempting.
Nick, thank you for the support. I hope more of you feel the same way. I will not be able to do this without the help from my friends thats for sure.
I know I'll be tossing and turning alot tonight. I think some prayer is in order.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Like Brian said, we have been kicking the fsb Bronco racer around. But if Rick were to buy it, i'm sure he would get plenty of support from us here on Broncospeed, and i'd be the first to volunteer.
You can bet on that! But you've got to put "Ricky Racer" on the driver's door.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Jeez guys. If you only knew how bad I want to do this. My only problem is my relationship with John and the ideas I have in the way I want to build MY race truck. Don't get me wrong I am very impressed with what Roach has done it's just a little radical from my original plans. I'm calling John tomorrow and we'll have to talk about it. The money savings is a huge factor in my thought process now but I hate to go in such a different direction at this point. My loyalties are with AUTOFAB and the friendships I have built with them but the hours of work saved by buying something so near completion is very tempting.
Nick, thank you for the support. I hope more of you feel the same way. I will not be able to do this without the help from my friends thats for sure.
I know I'll be tossing and turning alot tonight. I think some prayer is in order.
Rick there is no doubt that you would have plenty of support. Consider that a given. I can certainly understand wanting to build a race truck your way and not buying someone else's ideas and designs. I'm the same way. But damn is this a good deal! I don't know what kind of ideas you and John had, but it seems to me that all the suspension is still on stock (geometry) pivots, so the option of installing suspension components of your choice is still open. Besides that, as nice as Ricardo's beams looked, I doubt you'd have any problem selling the current suspension.

Good luck with your decision. We'll be tossing and turning with you! Wait a minute, that didn't come out right. Hahaha

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
rick i have everything we will need to go racing from pit boxes to antennas to extra radios for chase trucks to dump cans... i have just cut your racing cost by a ton, buy it and throw some autofab suspension under it, a full floater and let's go beat the shit out of it!!!

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
rick i have everything we will need to go racing from pit boxes to antennas to extra radios for chase trucks to dump cans... i have just cut your racing cost by a ton, buy it and throw some autofab suspension under it, a full floater and let's go beat the shit out of it!!!
The package keeps getting better and better....

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Hell i dont have much but i like brians idea of donations and such.

Seems like a great platform, coming from someone who doesnt know much of what to look for.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts