Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wouldn't say I'm mechanically challenged - just mechanically inexperienced. I've got a few little projects I need to get done on the ol' Bronco, but lack the expertise to Git-R-Done.

They are:

1: 3G Alternator swap (waiting on parts)
2: Replace manual window regulator on driver's side (have parts)
3: Fix the frickin tailgate (have plastic gear rebuild kit)

I've been a computer geek for quite a while, so I could help you build/repair any PC or network issue for your home or office. I've also got plenty of spare computer parts. And I have a nice barbecue stocked with beef and a refrigerator that can be stocked with the beer of your choice. :beer

Shoot me a PM if anyone is interested in helping me do these projects. Or even if you're not interested but wheel near me - I'd like to get dialed into the scene here.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
There's a few of us down around the Ida/Dundee/Petersburg/Milan area. I'm always looking for a new place to wheel, too. I keep dumping the girlfriends with land to wheel on for some reason. :shrug Oh well. What's your tool situation?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tool wise, I've got a fair assortment of basic hand tools including sockets and wrenches, a wussy cordless drill, a 70's era Craftsman corded drill, and a BFH somewhere or another. If I'm missing any tools for what needs to be done, I'd just go buy 'em.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm just waiting on my 3G from Fireguy, and then I'd be completely cool with driving it down there. I generally work 8-5 Mon-Fril, but can get a day off during the week if that's easier for you.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
I'd be up for it. This weekend's gonna be hot as hell (no problem for me, I like to sweat), and I'll be drunk all next weekend. :scratchhe

We'll have to figure something out. Hate to see ya miss a day of work, though.

Hope you guys reading this have battoned down the hatches. Looks like a helluva storm heading this way!!!

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
I'm roofing this weekend and out of town next. 3G is a simple evening thing, though.

Full out wrench party would take a bit more planning, though. I have to get rotors, bearings, and seals, and I'll have all the parts to do a full front-end job (shocks, ball joints, u-joints, TTB bushings, bearings, rotors, brake job, spring trick on inner shaft, axle seals, and drain plug for D44). That'll be a long weekend, but if you want to wrench, it'd be a good time. Lots of time planning, though. Getting married in September, so that takes priority over the Bronco.

·
Registered
643 Posts
WRENCH FEST!!!

·
www.lifted4christclub.com
2,708 Posts
hey, Jocko, we're looking for new members in our club, take a look at our site

www.lifted4christclub.com

i'm living in Iowa right now, but originally from Eaton Rapids, i would give you a hand other wise.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts
damn you! i thought you meant lansing Illinois!! :whiteflag

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.