1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,560 Posts
ouch! never been there so never noticed, hope he gets everything back to normal though

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
That sucks

·
Super Moderator
25,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yep, wonder how they got through the phpbb security?

I checked the phpbb "Security Tracker" section, but didn't see anything posted by Gus or any post about this issue.http://www.phpbb.com/security/

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
that had to suck
seems like someone from across the sea, or else some one fluent in that language.

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,560 Posts
miesk5 said:
yep, wonder how they got through the phpbb security?

I checked the phpbb "Security Tracker" section, but didn't see anything posted by Gus or any post about this issue.http://www.phpbb.com/security/
his version of phpbb doesnt seem to be up to date, our version of vB is not always up to date but I always add the security fixes if I dont do a full upgrade, hackers are smart, they can find a way through anything in time but phpbb seems to get hacked alot more than other forums

·
Super Moderator
25,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Derrick; Haven't seen Gus here since late 05.

Joe,
ok; hopefully the hackers aren't doing much with vB.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Why? As in, Why do hackers do this? Its terrorism for giggles. All I can see is the hackers saying, haha I ownzed you. As they did in this case. I just dont get it, I hate people.

I was just thinking about what if it happened here, all that knowledge built up over years gone to some 13 year old punk who has nothing better to do than piss other people off and destroy many years of knowledge built up. Might as well burn down a library, but then again they wouldnt have the balls to do that.

·
Super Moderator
25,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
right Marauder
It's a huge concern for the USA govt/Dod/Mil. power companies, etc. as well

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Yuk, Cyber Pwned! :)

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,560 Posts
Marauder said:
All I can see is the hackers saying, haha I ownzed you. As they did in this case. I just dont get it, I hate people.
some hackers do it in the guise of "i'm helping you" as in showing a person their sites vulnerabilities, thats why most of them dont do anything to really mess up a site other than link to their pwned picture, but mostly its script kiddies being idiots

I was just thinking about what if it happened here,
it could happen to any site, do you have any idea how many times sites like msn, cnn, microsoft, fox, google, etc get hacked, alot, hopefully with what we pay to keep or server secured, updates to the forum and the back up i do we wont ever have that problem but there are new exploits everyday, never say never

·
Well Done Man!
1,621 Posts
dsotmoon said:
his version of phpbb doesnt seem to be up to date, our version of vB is not always up to date but I always add the security fixes if I dont do a full upgrade, hackers are smart, they can find a way through anything in time but phpbb seems to get hacked alot more than other forums
agree, PHPBB is full of holes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts