Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not a conpiracy theory thread, so don't take it that way...

I have always had a strong interest in metorology (too bad at math to persue it in college though) and one of the things I do for our company (an electric utility) is use some pretty high-tech weather reporting tools during storms to help our work crews stay safe and prepare for where storms may do damage.

Today I was again reading the NOAA long range forecasts and in essence what they are saying is that the overall weather features/patterns are just "anomolously" stalled - nothing is really moving. The NOAA's Climate Prediction Center uses different indexes called the North Atlantic Occilation index and the Pacific North American Teleconnection Pattern to quantify the general movements of large-scale weather features...typically these fluctuate every few weeks, thus giving us cold snaps and warm spells. Thing is, this winter nothing is really fluctuating like it normally does.

Then I remembered a few years ago reading on CNN about an Air Force test facility that was being built near Fairbanks, Alaska that would experimentally try to modify the ionosphere in a project called High-frequency Active Auroral Research Program. I remember that in that article some scientists were concerned that the facility, using theories developed by Nikoli Tesla, could incidentally be used to modify weather patterns....

What do you think :shrug

[/spooky music]

[Take off aluminum foil cap]

Flame away...:popc1:

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
What do i think?

It's 50° in Ohio and it's the end of January.......i think i am happy i ain't walking through 4 foot of snow to get to my truck.

·
o[|||]o
11,146 Posts
Its been pretty warm overall here this winter. Haven't had crap for snow. One day its 15 degrees, the next its 55 degrees :wacko

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
yea no snow and it's been warm here too

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,420 Posts
I want some damn snow. The Bronco is feeling neglected. Haven't been out to play much, just back and forth to work except for Nov and Dec a few times. GIVE ME SNOW!!!

·
o[|||]o
11,146 Posts
marv said:
No Ian, it ain't Bush's fault...:histerica
Wait? You seriously mean to tell me its not the energy radiating from the foul stinch of Republican corruption thats keeping the cold front at bay???? Or that by logical deduction, you say its NOT his fault, therefore it MUST be his fault? Damnit, who hid my tin hat! :twak :histerica

·
Registered
784 Posts
i miss snow

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
it was 55 and sunny in the UP today

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
That's a scarey thought, a group of people controlling the weather, that idea is farcked up.

You ask if I've noticed the freaky weather? Let me put it this way, last year at this time, I was building another igloo for the inlaws who came unexpectedly by dog sled and got snowed in until the spring thaw.

EDIT:Oh yeah, and this year it's been so mild, I've had to travel two days north just to hunt the polar bear. But that's OK because I was able to drive my Bronco in the winter for a change.

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
10,765 Posts
Yep .All I can say is

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts
JahWarrior said:
Its been pretty warm overall here this winter. Haven't had crap for snow. One day its 15 degrees, the next its 55 degrees :wacko

pretty much the same thing up here. i want snow dammit.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
miketrains03 said:
i miss snow
What !!!!!!!!

Here, have some Winter freckin' Wonderland Mike !

I'm with BroncoRob and very happy it's not like a normal Canadian Winter in Ottawa ! If you want I can arrange for a no expenses paid Winter vacation for you Mike. You can come on up and shovel the white $h!t until April around here. I'll even pimp you out to the neighbours !

I do agree TreR1969

it's definately warmer up here. The weather people say it's the warmest year since they started recording weather

Sixlitre

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Yep, the weather is different this year. Last year this same week, there was a HUGE snow storm up here in Boston. At the end of winter we had a 50 foot pile of snow just outside of my work where they dumped all of the snow. My avatar was a pic of the truck taken in front of it. BTW, I don't miss the snow at all!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Its the end of January in Maine and its 55 degrees. Theres little to no snow on the ground and I'm in the western mountains. I spent the day in the woods in a t-shirt and sneakers. I'd say our weather patterns are just a little f'd up this year!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts