Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just brought my bronco and hopefully it'll be on the road in a week or two, wondering if theres any decent wheeling places that are low key

and yes i do know there are no 'legal' places in ny

ill be heading out for trips next year, gotta get the old thing reliable first

· Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea (made sure my truck was regi'd in east hampton, so i got most the eastern part covered)

and i believe outter beach at fins is still open with a county sticker

· Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
o jeez, thats right up the road from me, (20minute drive)

amazing, i never knew...

· Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
im guessing stang club, maybe longisland stangs, i know a few guys part of the club but never joined myself

· Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
my bko isnt quite road worthy yet but im working on it...just keep me posted, sorry i cant commit any better

· Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
off roading off willy floyd and the expressway sounds like a BAD idea. The seventh precint, (yes us mastic people get our own police station) and Brookhaven National Lab are both right over there, neither of which are friendly people.

As far as hot water street, any cop trouble, that leads into the old gruman area, been meaning to check out "Summit Blvd" just south of over there, its a dirt road according to google (my GPS just got you lost in the woods officer) but it by no means a road, looks like its the service road for when they were building sunrise.

Hows close is DEC watching the pine barrens now that hunting season is over?

· Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
I have been out to hot water strreet and there is not much out there just some trail and some are really tight and over grown.

Is anyone on the Island going to come to the FSB meet and wheeling trip at Rausch Creek in june the 5,6,7. I am going up and going to do the easy trails so i don't wreak my truck.

cant make it, my trucks far from ready for Rausch, and im going to carlisle that weekend. i might be getting a 79 bronco though, hopefully have it ready for crawling by the end of summer.

· Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
try hot water street, first time really wheeling my truck and i had a blast (figured with all rain it was now or never)

· Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
MY NEW TOY!!!!
(just gotta figre out how to get it home... queens to brookhaven without plates and in a truck that hasnt been driven in 10 mo. is just pushing the luck.

and pics from hot water street in my old rig.

· Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
working on it. just got it home.

so far what i know is its a d44/9 inch, 460 out of a 78 350 i think, 3.50 gears, 35 inch tires, and 4 inch lift.

· Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
engine runs like a top, tranny shifts good. i cant figure out if the brakes are getting enough vacuum or if they are just that stiff naturally, minus the back tailgate not working, the brakes being iffy, and it having the older style steering box (feels like almost to much power assist on the steering, ill have to get used to it) its beach ready and i cant wait. Its just got a/t's so ill take it easy in the mud for now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.