Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
21 - 40 of 75 Posts

· Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
im guessing stang club, maybe longisland stangs, i know a few guys part of the club but never joined myself

· Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
my bko isnt quite road worthy yet but im working on it...just keep me posted, sorry i cant commit any better

· Registered
523 Posts
hey i know all those places out in manorville and quoge. I have been out there numerous times over the years and I'd love to go out there again if anyone wants to. I have never been stopped in my truck. I have heard of atv's getting impounded but rarely unless there causing a rucus and someone complains.
from sunrise hwy rt27 its exit 62n for manorville go about amile to the entrance and for quoge its exit 64s take that to spinny rd. down to the deadend.
if you want to hit the beaches you can go to the park office at robert moses beach and buy a 4x4 fishing permit. that will get you onto all the state owned beaches like hitherhills, montauk point, gilgo beach, robertmoses democrat point, sore thumb near Oak beach and some others i cant think of right now. who wants to go? when?

· Premium Member
7,469 Posts
if you want to hit the beaches you can go to the park office at robert moses beach and buy a 4x4 fishing permit. that will get you onto all the state owned beaches like hitherhills, montauk point, gilgo beach, robertmoses democrat point, sore thumb near Oak beach and some others i cant think of right now. who wants to go? when?
Can you still getthe permits, i heard you can only get them at a certin time of the year.

We definietly need to have a get together while we still have some nice weather.

· Registered
174 Posts
Wow guys, I never check this thread and just clicked it randomly and saw this post. I've lived on long island for the longest time, but as far as I know, besides the oddball trail here and there (non of which that are really challenging) there really isn't that much go offroading. I think we should work out maybe meet and greet kinda thing, I've always been interested in meeting other BKO owners on LI, although they are getting quite scarce. I live in MIller Place, which is out by Port Jeff. I go to school up in mass, Which is a hell of a lot more fun then the random trails out by me (Exit 63 LIE). I'll be home in december if you guys want to meet up somewhere. During the summer its a lot more fun because the beach parks are open, which means for 75 bucks for the season you get to take your truck on i think theres like 6 beaches all down the south coast. Maybe we could have a FSB LI meet on a beach sometime during the summer.

· Registered
523 Posts
Can you still getthe permits, i heard you can only get them at a certin time of the year.

We definietly need to have a get together while we still have some nice weather.
the permits about $50. I think they are only sold until april 31 and then again after labor day. you cant buy it in between those times.

one option is the captree meet. every sunday morning throughout the year guys with all kinds of custom cars meet at captree to show off there rides. on average about 50 cars show up for that every sunday. that might be an option. captree is right over the robertmoses bridge at the east end of ocean pkwy.

· Registered
523 Posts
sorry i didnt check back today but i went over to the beach this afternoon with my kids and took them out on the beach. We drove around a bit messed around on some dunes an made a mess out of the truck blasting through the mud puddles on the way out. :histerica
maybe next weekend, anyone?

· Registered
523 Posts
no but you better have one if the fuzz pulls you over. But honestly, unless your caught doing something stupid they wont bother you. and its very rarely do I even see them out there. Its your call. you can get one for $50 at the office. all you need is your vehicle regi. and Its cheaper than a ticket.
and also just keep a fishing pole visible in your truck. after all, it is a fishing permit.

· Registered
181 Posts
I know i am not up there anymore but when i was there i got my permit at smiths point park beach. i think you can get a permit anytime of year and don't need a fishing pole. the sand is soft and alot of people air down to like 10psi. during the summer it was loaded with people just cruising and sunning. it goes all the way to moriches inlet. i had an 84 fsb with 35 bfg at's and i didn't need to air down. the beach is at the end of the william floyd pkwy. if you choose to get a beach permit there are items that you must have in you truck. jack, fire extinguisher block for jack. tow strap, first aid kit and a couple of other things. it was alot of fun though especially if you have a few people go. check this link.
http://www.co.suffolk.ny.us/Home/departments/parks/Smith Point County Park.aspx

· Registered
559 Posts
so glad i stumbled upon this...

i was at smiths point in august, they were still letting 4x4's on the beach, contradicting some rumors i heard. the beach did erode but hey, its still there.

im down if we get a decent day one of these weekends. the bronco is roadworthy enough:toothless

21 - 40 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.