Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
110 Posts
alot of people put 7.3s in them. non turbos. idk... 7.3 is a good motor thats for sure.

·
Banned
110 Posts
yes a turbo engine is more powerful. but dude a gas engine. wow big whoop. diesels are so much more expensive and harder to put in. diesel is more expensive.

·
Roll Tide!
2,691 Posts
yes a turbo engine is more powerful. but dude a gas engine. wow big whoop. diesels are so much more expensive and harder to put in. diesel is more expensive.
diesel = more fuel economy and more power. plus you will never have to replace spark plugs again. so your saving money on that.

·
Banned
110 Posts
replacing all the spark plugs is like the equivlant of 2 gallons of gas these days. lol. id rather have a turbo 7.3 in my bronco then this 90º 351W lol.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
alot of people put 7.3s in them. non turbos. idk... 7.3 is a good motor thats for sure.
No... not a lot of people put 7.3's in Broncos... not at all.

IIRC, there's only one 7.3l in a Bronco that pops up on Ebay every so often.

Everyone else uses the 6.9 IDI, a couple have used the 4/6BTs, and there was talk about a Cat or a Detroit in one, but I never heard anything more about it.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
diesel = more fuel economy and more power. plus you will never have to replace spark plugs again. so your saving money on that.
That could possibly be the stupidest argument I have ever seen for why you should drive a diesel over gas. I could put 5 sets of spark plugs in my 5.0 for JUST the extra cost of an oil change for a diesel. ONE oil change.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
at carlisle this yr there was a 92-96 BKO with a 7.3 PSD, looked factory. also on oilburners.net there is a few guys (one i know of) who have or are doing IDI swaps.

·
MORTAL KOMBAAAAAAATTT!!!!
2,970 Posts
Somebody in here put a Cummins in theirs, I can't remember who done it tho. Yea, the spark plug thing is good, but you can't let them glow plugs get burnt up, or let them injectors get gummed up. And keep it pulgged in during the winter.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
two good batteries, good glow plugs and no leaking lines will yield good cold starts. i know mine starts really good in the cold even with two older batteries.

·
Need a Bumper?
4,769 Posts
Ok so I'm just wondering if you've got super deep pockets, or if your living off of mommy and daddys money or if you just dream big? Diesel engine swap? Huge A$$ Lift (as stated in your other thread) Is this a show truck because your getting far out of range for your average trail rig. If it a DD you are in for a crappy ride. What gives? I mean to do all of this rght were talking 10-15k minimum on a truck thats worth $2500 maybe. If thats really the direction your going more power to ya

·
Roll Tide!
2,691 Posts
That could possibly be the stupidest argument I have ever seen for why you should drive a diesel over gas. I could put 5 sets of spark plugs in my 5.0 for JUST the extra cost of an oil change for a diesel. ONE oil change.
im not saying you should drive a diesel over a gas engine because you never have to change the spark plugs! haha no that would be retarded!

i know that when i got my truck i had to change out all the spark plugs then the next week the distributor went out and then i replaced all the wires and plugs and did the sixlitre tuneup..... never would i argue that a diesel is better because they dont have spark plugs.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Somebody in here put a Cummins in theirs, I can't remember who done it tho. Yea, the spark plug thing is good, but you can't let them glow plugs get burnt up, or let them injectors get gummed up. And keep it pulgged in during the winter.
vetteboy did the most excellent Cummins 6BT swap, with a ZF5 and one tons IIRC.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts