Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allright, I just picked up a set of wheels for my truck. I'm just trying to figure out if anyone knows who makes them. They don't have anything I can recognize as a brand marking on them.

I'm trying to figure out what style of lug nut I'm supposed to use with them, so if they're from a well know manufacturer I'll just call up their tech line and ask.

3 of the 4 are in really good shape, but the clear on the 4th is pretty chewed up. I'm going to strip the clear and polish out the wheels once I feel really ambitious.

Justin

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have them on my truck, and hate them! :uke:

That being said, I don't know what brand they are, but I'm pretty sure they're American Racing, even though I believe Ultra also made a similar style.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I see them on a lot of rigs. I think they look gay. They look less gay if you have the right and left sides so they all point the same direction, if they are all the same its more gay.

If you look in on the inside of the wheel I'm almost positive you will see some identification to the manufacturer in the casting. You'll probably have to remove the wheel to see it.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
Look like the wheels that were on JD's 89.
Yup, and similar ones came on my ram

They are american racing, I was never able to find out more than that about them

·
Registered
7,923 Posts
Both of those styles were very popular around here in the 90s...not so much anymore. I think most of the big manufacturers made similar styles: Eagle, American Racing, Ultra, etc.

·
Slow Noob
1,218 Posts
i have a set of these for my bronco, had them for 4 years and they're still not mounted. i finally found some center caps that'll work for them the other day at a local junk yard.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I already noticed that they're left and right side specific, so I'm definitely making sure they go on the correct sides.

Looking at the inside casting marks, the only thing I see other than size and mold markings is the D.O.T. number which says, "D.O.T. A.R.E.," and then the number. Does A.R.E.= American Racing?

As it sits, I'm not a huge fan of them but the price was right plus I think they're going to look alot better once all of the clear and black is stripped. I also don't think they'd look very good on new trucks since they do just scream "late 80s to early 90s"- which is part of why I picked them up for my '86.

Justin

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
Yup, ARE= American Racing Enterprise IIRC

·
marvel at my........
1,730 Posts
is it just me?,.. or would mike2 think monogamy with a beautiful large breasted lady, and as much healthy wholesome heterosexual sex as a man could ask for,... ................. is gay?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.