Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allright, I just picked up a set of wheels for my truck. I'm just trying to figure out if anyone knows who makes them. They don't have anything I can recognize as a brand marking on them.

I'm trying to figure out what style of lug nut I'm supposed to use with them, so if they're from a well know manufacturer I'll just call up their tech line and ask.

3 of the 4 are in really good shape, but the clear on the 4th is pretty chewed up. I'm going to strip the clear and polish out the wheels once I feel really ambitious.

Justin

· Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I already noticed that they're left and right side specific, so I'm definitely making sure they go on the correct sides.

Looking at the inside casting marks, the only thing I see other than size and mold markings is the D.O.T. number which says, "D.O.T. A.R.E.," and then the number. Does A.R.E.= American Racing?

As it sits, I'm not a huge fan of them but the price was right plus I think they're going to look alot better once all of the clear and black is stripped. I also don't think they'd look very good on new trucks since they do just scream "late 80s to early 90s"- which is part of why I picked them up for my '86.

Justin

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.