Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im considering doing this. but cannot fimd any pics on it. thinking of doing a four inch lift with a two inch body lift with 33 or 34" tires. does anyone have any pics of something similar?

·
si vis pacem, para bellum
3,511 Posts
why do 6 inches of lift for 33"s? 6 inches will allow you to run 35's. im running 32x11.50's stock with zero issues. and some guys run 33's stock without much issues. id say a 2 inch suspension lift and you will have plenty of room for 33's

·
U jelly of my
3,204 Posts
4" lift will allow you to run 35's, just look at stan the man's truck...

6" lift with 33's would look as wrong as 4" lift with 30.5's

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have considered just throwing 35" under it if this is what i went with. but then i thought how bad would 33"s really look? i had a 95 f150 with a four inch lift and 33's and for some reason i liked it more that way than when i had the 35's under it. but than again i also kind of like the look of short fat tires. i dunno what it is. just curious what it would look like

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I am 7"or so with 33's, and it looks freaking retarded. 13.75" top of 33" tire to bottom of wheelwell.

I ran 33's stock on all m 2 doors, 12.5 wide, and 9.5 wide... no rubbing, 86 body and 90 body style... I would go stock, or a stock with a 2" body for 33's.

33x9.5x15" on stock suspension...

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Oh its comr ALONG way since then. Just havent updated pics. Actually im picking up all my fiberglass tomorrow! this weekend im installing those, fixing rear main, and six litre tune up... gonna be busy.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i wish i could do all that to my bronco. i have had it for a year so far and since bought tires for it lol. poured all my funds into my f150 and ended up trading it for a foxbody that i blew the motor in in 8 hrs lol. i wanna do the bronco right tho. i love this thing. its awesome. so you running 37's now?

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
8,078 Posts
What year is your truck? Tire fit varies by generation: 78-79, 80-86, 87-91, 92-96, each group is different. Take a minute & go to the User CP to fill out your Bronco Info. Year, engine, trans, mods, etc.
<------ It'll show up over there on every post & helps us understand what you're working on.

33s seems too small for 6". Here's my 90 with 33x12.50x15s at about 1-1/2 over stock. It rubbed on the sway before it was removed, & it rubs on the radius arms at full lock, but a lift wouldn't change either of those. It barely catches the chrome over the left front wheel at full stuff, but doesn't ever touch the bumper:

Flexing like a brick

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
all your bronco's are hot guys. i love looking at these rigs. i have been researching for a long time on what direction i should go with the lifting of mine. pretty much the reason for the start of this post. i no its corny but you know

·
Registered
272 Posts
just do a leveling kit for 33's, that's what I've got and it's great and a lot cheaper (i can still offroad pretty decent & it looks good). I'm going to be going 6" suspention within the next couple month and will be running no smaller then 35's.

if you want a nice lift for wheeling with 33's, I'd say go no bigger then a 4" lift. (shackle flip FTW)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah i want to research the shackle flip a little more too. sounds interesting from what i read.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
just do a leveling kit for 33's, that's what I've got and it's great and a lot cheaper (i can still offroad pretty decent & it looks good). I'm going to be going 6" suspention within the next couple month and will be running no smaller then 35's.

if you want a nice lift for wheeling with 33's, I'd say go no bigger then a 4" lift. (shackle flip FTW)
nice bronco. how hard is leveling kits to do? never did one

·
Registered
272 Posts
leveling kits are easy to install, took me less then a day.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts