Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running a C6 from Broader Transmissions? Just wondering how good of a product they make? I'd like to go with one of their wide ratio units.

What brand of remanufactured transmission do you run? Looking for advice as I hope to be swapping in my 460 later this month and figure I may as well freshen up the transmission while I'm in there.

http://www.broaderperformance.com/C6%20transmissions%20and%20parts-A.htm

·
Fullsize Member
2,804 Posts
I remaned my own trans:toothless, B&M, Hughes, NAPA and TCI internals. Looking back I should have gone with the wide ratio kit. I've also heard good things about Broader.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I also remanned my own transmission. The "wide ratio" kit from Broader is a planetary gearset from a E40D. The stock E40D planet set is a direct drop into a C-6. I work at a transmission shop so I robbed my gearset from a core E40D that we had a work. It is a noticable difference, but not something I would pay 200 bucks for. You can probably run around to some local trans shops and find one that will sell you a core that will have all the parts you need for cheap. I can put up a parts diagram for a C-6 and an E40D if you would like and label exactly which parts to change. Just let me know

·
yes
1,769 Posts
I also remanned my own transmission. The "wide ratio" kit from Broader is a planetary gearset from a E40D. The stock E40D planet set is a direct drop into a C-6. I work at a transmission shop so I robbed my gearset from a core E40D that we had a work. It is a noticable difference, but not something I would pay 200 bucks for. You can probably run around to some local trans shops and find one that will sell you a core that will have all the parts you need for cheap. I can put up a parts diagram for a C-6 and an E40D if you would like and label exactly which parts to change. Just let me know
I'm interested in seeing that.

I'm about to rebuild my trans...Whats a good kit to use?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm interested in seeing that.

I'm about to rebuild my trans...Whats a good kit to use?
ok i'll get the diagrams from work and scan them in and work up a litle list of what to change.
I got my kit from W.I.T. (whatever it takes) through work. pretty much all kits are made by just a few companys nowadays. I like anything with the borg warner frictions, but just make sure they have slots cut in the face for the fluid to bleed out through. a smooth friction will trap fluid sometimes and can slip easier. i also upgraded to a kevlar band, i think it cost me about 13 bucks vs stock being like 8? all in all, the mods i did were upgrade to the billet r servo (115.00) put the kevlar band in (13.00) always a new torque converter (75.00) a kit with frictions and steels (130.00) wide ratio set up (free :chili:) and a tci valvebody (145.00) i still need to go back and change some of the shift springs in the vb because it shifts way to late at WOT, but i dont drive it much these days so i'll get to it one day:duh

·
Registered
111 Posts
Another vote for Broader Performance, great to deal with. The low ratio gear set sure helps to build revs as the tire size goes up. Thr "R" servo and "E" lever for the best compromise on pressure and shift speed (this part of the info comes from a C6 guru).

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyone else with experience with Broader Performance?

·
Registered
980 Posts
I got a Broader Wide Ratio 500hp tranny alittle over a year ago. Very happy with the tranny and service. Good company to work with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.