Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Anyone seen my old Bronco?

8K views 42 replies 18 participants last post by  BikerPepe` 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Hope all you local guys/gals are doing well.

Has anyone seen my old Bronco around at all? If so, where at?

Does anyone have a way to track down a vehicle you've once sold? I could probably track down the VIN number, do a Carfax, and see where it was last registered. Maybe call that county DMV and get some info.

My dad gave me my old Bronco back in 2004. I sold it in 2013. Unfortunately, my dad passed away last week very suddenly. It would mean a lot to get the Bronco back if at all possible.

Thanks

#6 ·
Man.. sorry to hear about your Dad. That's rough.. :(
I have not seen it but will keep my eye out.

#10 ·
Thanks guys. I really didn't want to sell it, especially since it was given to me by my Dad. I just needed the money at the time, and figured I'd have lots of time left to potentially get another one of his rigs. But his life ended in less then an hour with no warning whatsoever. I talked to him just the night before.

He had an aortic aneurism, and passed on the flight for life to the hospital. He will be forever missed. He was only 63 years old.

I do still have his 2007 Chevrolet Express cargo work van. It has 375k miles on it (on the original engine, second tranny...which is on it's way out).

They guy who purchased it in 2013 works(ed) down in DTC, and I believe he said he lives in Highlands Ranch area. But I don't remember exactly.

A part of me is worried it's been abused. But I would love to find it and buy it back and bring it back to mint condition.

#11 ·
Damn sorry to hear about the aneurysm. Sounds quick... hope it wasn't too rough on him.
I'm working on setting up an RV spot to move my Dad out here on the property with me. We'll drive each other crazy... but who cares. ;)

If you can find the old black beauty... I'm sure any problems would be well worth the effort to correct.

Sounds like the Carfax might be the easiest way to find the area of the rig.
If you had a name... obviously that would help and you might get that through a CF?
I really don't know much about it... just wish I could offer more help.

Would be nice to see you get 'er back. :beer

#14 ·
Always good to hear from Bronco owners that live close by! Sorry about your dads passing. You know how it is when you own a vehicle, you can spot another of the same coming at you a block away. She'll turn up sooner or later hopefully. Good luck, I'll keep my eyes peeled in the Broomfield, Brighton area...

#19 ·
Can't be.....your's is a 92-94 (my guess is 94) as your's doesn't have the body line on the bottom of the door like the 95-96's, nor does it have tinted door windows, and different hubs....

#18 ·
Welcome to the forum Chris. Not sure but I don't think so.
Yours has the Fx4 Off-Road sticker and looks to be more of a primer black than his... but with a PO inbetween, who knows for sure. :shrug

#21 ·
Thanks for keeping an eye out for me everyone. Would mean a lot to get it back.

That 92 is definitely similar but not it. Maybe I'll find it one day. If not I'll find another one and build it up and dedicate it to him.

#25 ·
I realize that, but I figure that it can't really hurt anything can it? Email notifications was kinda what I was going for though.

Seriously though, what determines if a thread is "too old", and what's the damage of replying if it is older?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.