Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i was watching TV and there was an infomercial about a deal you power with your drill that works as a saw and i was thinking how gay, just get a saw. then they started to advertise a deal called a drill doctor. it sharpens bits. now i just had a guy explain how to do it by hand. and i swear i dulled almost every bit in a set and all my 1/2" ones making a set of sliders this past week. and all along i was saying man look at all the fluting in the bit thats still left, theres plenty of life if i could only sharpen the tip easily. i have seen the sharpeners that are like pencil sharpeners. they dont do 1/2" bits and thats what i use to mount stuff to the bronco. well this thing "supposedly" puts a factory chisel point and duplicates the factory grind of a new bit with a special holder and its no doubt patented "cam" action. whatever. its got a 90 day monkey back guarantee. i have 5-10 1/2" bits and i if this thing really works i want one. so why dont one of you log on to The Drill Doctor website, buy one and let me know how it works...

·
Registered
267 Posts
I've heard good things about it. Only problem is the price. Isn't it like $69.99?

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
i have a Drill Doctor 750 and it works wonders. it really came in handy when i did my SAS. i would drill 2 holes then resharpen then drill some more. i dont have to worry about burning my bits anymore more so i just force the bit to drill haha :D. only problem is its having a hard time sharpening my 3/4" drill bit :shrug

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they are $99.99, but look at the cost of a new 1/2" and having to drill only 2-4 holes if that with them and having to buy more of them. plus you can use the bits all the way down to the end of the flutes. now thats cool. plus if you break a bit, just resharpen it. dude if you have the 750, dont it handle a 3/4" with that extra thing? if not the website says there is a deal you can get to do up to a 3/4". so it works pretty good for you? is it a quality product? is it made well? since i am going to be doing more metal working and fab work, i want one. that infomercial a guy talked about seeing people get frustrated when the bit stopped cutting and throw the drill. i was close to that i tell you and all i did was drill the flanges on the sliders, i still gotta do the frame holes. plus theres a rear bumper coming soon and a winch i gotta mount and geez, there is alot of stuff. i could see this paying for itself pretty quickly.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
i got mine off of ebay cheap.
i think i'm sharpening the 3/4" bit wrong b/c it would not sharpen at the right angle. i'm sure if i tinker around with it i can get it to sharpen right.

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
got mine @ homedepot. it was a special where it had the extra thingy to sharpen 3/4 bits. well worth it once you figure it all out.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I have also seen and heard good things about, its worth every penny.:thumbup

·
TTB Hater of course
3,100 Posts
axaviere said:
ok i was watching TV and there was an infomercial about a deal you power with your drill that works as a saw and i was thinking how gay, just get a saw. then they started to advertise a deal called a drill doctor. it sharpens bits.
Where have you been? These have been in Home Depot and Sears for over a year, probably years :goodfinge Northern was the first place I saw them several years ago. You need to spend less time watching infomercials and more time shopping Home Depot or looking thru Northern catalogs.

Also
http://koala.dns-nac-zone.com/~fullsize/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6627&highlight=drill+doctor

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well for the past 2 years, i have been working 2nd shift so i havent been watching enough TV. hell for that matter why didnt you guys tell everybody about the thing? lol, i gotta get me one, thats all there is to it. plus ive had my head up my trucks ass trying to get it into shape so you all will have a guide on how to do it all...:thumbup ... ok let the flamers have at it.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
I been meaning to pick me one up, and now that I'm fixin' to be installing my "bumpers by David" and working on a cage, I'm like you Axe...it's a must!:thumbup

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i know it was a infomercial, but like i said after only getting 12 holes drilled and then them using .25" steel like i was on TV and i was sold, i just wanted to check it out. i would really like to drill each hole one time with a 1/2" bit rather that use all them pilots and being able to use a bit down to the last of the flutes would be the weirdest thing. i am sure i have all the 1/2" one i need, theres like 10 out there. i just cant imagine how nice its going to be. the commercial has my hopes up.

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,716 Posts
I have seen them in Harbor Freight. Dont know too much of the quality, but for the price I think it would be worth it....I think its like 30 Bux....

Allcruisen :imp :usa

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the Hf ones are different than this i think, or its the drill powered model. i think i will get the one with the built in motor. we shall see. i will let you know, AXE

1 - 16 of 16 Posts