Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
order from BlueFlyCafe.com? My brother just told me about this site. Dirt cheap prices on flys. Anyone order from them before? What's their quality like? I just placed an order for me and my boys. Will have them for the Memorial Day weekend fishing trip. Report to follow.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,658 Posts
I only fly fish in the ocean, which means I can make my own crappy flies but still catch fish. Cuz corvina and halibut and white sea bass and bonita are some of the dumbest fish in the sea..........:smokin:

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tie most of mine also. I'm on the road this week and didn't have time to get any of my usual suspects tied up so a quick order was the easiest. Heck, I don't know if I can even tie them for as cheap as these were.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,658 Posts
I know what you mean, some of those tying materials add up in a hurry. But the last time I looked you could still get good deals from Cabela's as well.......

·
si vis pacem, para bellum
3,511 Posts
never ordered from them. i buy most of my flies in town from a friend that owns the fly shop. flys are kinda expensive. in the shop i pay .75-$2.00 but some of those are also local flies that he ties himself. i suck ass when it comes to fly tying

check cabelas.

remember that you get what you pay for

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got them in the mail today. Same flies as I buy locally. Paid $.68/fly as opposed to $1.50 - $2.00. When I'm buying for myself and 3 boys that go thru them like water thru a dip net, I'll be buying more from them when I need to order a bunch and don't have time to tie them. They have tying materials too. Hope to get an order of that too soon.

I tie mostly scudds, wollybuggers, maribous, jiggs, and beadhead nymphs. Just simple stuff. They don't look like the store bought ones but they catch fish fairly consistently. I want to learn to tie the Royal Coachmans, Griffiths Gnat, Mayfly, and Adams. Just need what everyone else needs...time and money LOL.

Also have looked at Cabellas, Bass Pro, Sportmans Warehouse and several others. Pretty much the same prices on everything. I also frequent several local shops.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,658 Posts
Please try and continue using the local guys when you can---cuz as much as I enjoy and embrace capitalism, I like to see the little, independent Mom & Pop stores keep on keeping on. They're what made this country great........:smokin:

·
si vis pacem, para bellum
3,511 Posts
yeah thats why i buy alot of t shirts and hats

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I live in a tourist town with a very renowned trout fishery. Believe me, the 2 local shops are not hurting for money. They also offer guide services which they do quite well at. I do frequent them for tying needs and I do believe in supporting the local guy. But when it comes to spending $75 dollars over $300 at one shot, its not a hard choice when money is tight.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts