Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday is the big day. Imma do the unthinkable and try to fix my bronco! hopefully all will go well! i invite everyone to come watch or help if you want to. ya would think i would start with something simple like learning to change a tire or the oil or hell a filter someplace but NOPE. i have to do things the hard way and start with the transmission. go figure right.....females...never do anythign the simple way.
i now return you to your normally scheduled program:popc1:

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,950 Posts
Just a few tips....
it would be a good idea to get a transmission jack. The trans and T-case are pretty dadgum heavy. Its gonna be a lot more stable than a floor jack, and easier to pull and manuver the tranny around on it. Your probably gonna have to pull up the front carpet and take off the access panel to get to the tranny bolts easy enough

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im working on finding a good jack. :) there is no carpet its all ryno lining :) so i guess i just have to figure out how to get through that. i dont know if there is a panel that will come off or if they just sprayed over it.

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
if you cant get the panel up get about 4 feet worth of extensions and you will be good on the bolts...lol

·
Some assembly required!
5,402 Posts
I've got to second what MagnumPI said, even if you have to buy it, it's definitely worth getting a tranny jack to put that thing in place. I bought the cheapie $70 one from Harbor Freight about seven years ago when I was changing out the tranny in my Nissan and thought I would only use it once, boy was I wrong. To date that jack had removed six transmissions, four transfer cases, and two gas tanks, which makes it one of the handiest specialty tools in my shop. Also, I don't know if you have a paved driveway to work on or not, but if not, buy a sheet of plywood to lay under the truck while you're down there. It makes lying down there infinitely more comfortable, you won't loose nuts and bolts in the grass, and it makes it easier to roll the jack around once you get that big heavy bastard strapped to it. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the auto shops here dont sell or rent em. tommorow is my last day to track down a tranny jack or im just gonna have to make something up. :) im creative i know a tranny jack looks like :) i will find something. their is a repair shop down the road. as long as the guy is not still made at me from when i smashed coreys foot with the bay lift i might be able to borrow one from him. it was 5 years ago he cant still be mad at me can he?

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
hey heather see if you got a nations rent they rent all that crap. they are in the lowes here might be worth it to check

·
Registered
29 Posts
well if u didnt live so... far away i would let u use mine but a drive to FL for a jack in a bronco wouldnt be to much fun. With gas prices. Nice talkin to u last night.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hey Heather, just a little heads up but you might want to think about keeping that address private and only sending it to those willing to come help you. After all, anyone can read this and not just members. You have stated many times that you are alone with your daughter and your husband is in Iraq. Please think of this and use a little caution.

From just having my name posted on a pic and my city listed I had an unknown, uninvited and unwanted person show up at my house. Just be careful, not everyone who reads this stuff has good intentions.

Good luck with tranny tomorrow.

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,716 Posts
Fordgirl said:
Hey Heather, just a little heads up but you might want to think about keeping that address private and only sending it to those willing to come help you. After all, anyone can read this and not just members. You have stated many times that you are alone with your daughter and your husband is in Iraq. Please think of this and use a little caution.

From just having my name posted on a pic and my city listed I had an unknown, uninvited and unwanted person show up at my house. Just be careful, not everyone who reads this stuff has good intentions.

Good luck with tranny tomorrow.
Fordgirl, I am so sorry that happened to you. But, you are absolutely correct. I hope this address she is giving out is only where the truck is and not her Home.

I have always tried too tell Members and others not too give out to much information. Like you mentioned {Fordgirl}, not everyone has a good intention....

Its always the criminals who get information even if we dont hand out to much info. I would really hate to see anyone taken advantage of just because they are not careful....

VERY GOOD CALL, Fordgirl....My Pimp hat comes off to you for bringing this up.....

Hopefully, Heather has most of our Numbers down incase she feels threaten.....

Allcruisen :imp :usa

·
Registered
171 Posts
allcruisen said:
I have always tried too tell Members and others not too give out to much information. Like you mentioned {Fordgirl}, not everyone has a good intention....
He went through some effort to get my address, from looking up my name to get my phone number and then doing a reverse lookup to get my address.

There are freaks all over the place and can follow you home any given day but unfortunately the internet makes this so easy for people to do when you are least expecting it.

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,716 Posts
armywifey4life said:
yea no its just a parking lot that the truck is at. thank you
Yeah, I kinda figured that....With the address you gave....

Fordgirl, Your absolutely correct. With all the crazies out there that dont have access to the internet and look watt they do....

Its sad that we have to live in a society that we always have to be lookin over our shoulders.....:banghead

I knew this guy who had put up his truck for sale. Someone came to look at it and he showed him the location of the kill switch {:twak }. Next morning the truck was gone....

PS I hope she has all the help she needs today to get it done....

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
WE ARE STILL WORKING ON HER! dirty as all hell covered in tranny fluid. its a good time!

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
you get this shit done yet?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
shes not 100% done. we need to hook some things up and put the drive shaft back on and whatnot. once daylight went down we went out and had fun at Bahama Breeze. Nate is just now on his way back to tampa area.

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,716 Posts
armywifey4life said:
shes not 100% done. we need to hook some things up and put the drive shaft back on and whatnot. once daylight went down we went out and had fun at Bahama Breeze. Nate is just now on his way back to tampa area.
I told ya, you were in good hands with Nate....:thumbup :toothless

Hope all is well....Keep us informed...

PS Sorry I missed out:cry

1 - 19 of 19 Posts