Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I got the details for Mt. Aetna this weekend.

WHEN: Going up on friday afternoon and setting up camp on one of the hills

Wheeling all day saturday so come out when you can.

WHERE: Mount Aetna beside lookout Mt.

WHY: Cuz we damn sure feel like it!

Only directions I know is get off at the Lookout Mountain exit on I-24 meeting at the Cracker Barrel.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I can't think of any suggestions on places to go but if my Bronco is running by then I'd be interested in going. :thumbup

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
K well like I said shoot for the 1st weekend in March and probably Aetna because more people are familiar with the area. But if yall want to go somewhere else just holler.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I may be in for going.

I need to check my schedule and see and hopefully have this new engine broken by then. I'll let you know.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
K AU I was about to PM you see if you wanted to go. I'm fixing to finish my sliders probably be done tonight.

I've got some times and dates for yall. Got a few guys good to go with us.

Meeting at the Cracker Barrel just before the road to get to Mt. Aetna around noon Saturday and wheeling all day and me and at least a few buddies are camping there for the night and wheeling some more Sunday. So if you can't come Saturday we'll still be wheeling Sunday. I'm bringing the Bronco and my 4wheeler. My cousin is in his XJ w/ 5" and 33" TSLs and a winch and he's bringing his dirt bike. A few other guys are coming w/ their motorcycles. So if our rig aint up for Aetna bring you wheeler or bike.

We'll just go with the flow and if everybody is done wheeling after Sat. we'll just pack up but as far as I know it's cool to camp up there.

I'll get directions for yall in a few.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where's it exactly?

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Hey bkofire could you get me some directions. Still trying to sort through my schedule right now.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I'm in if I get a rear d-shaft by then, should be able to. Aetna Mtn. is my usual stomping grounds. I can see about gettin some of the crew up and have us a good ride.

There's some stuff goin on with the entrance on the public (Trooper) side. I'll see if I can find some more out about it. But I also am a member of the WeRock club on the other side of the mountain, I'll have to check on bringing guests, but I can see what I can do on that if need be.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
K thanks seemoremud. My cousin has been twice in the last 3 weeks and he hasn't had any problems going in from the cracker Barrel side if that's the side your talking about.

Yeah get as many people together as possible. Me and my cousin are tryin frantically getting everything done and ready to go by then. He made a 7" drop hitch for his XJ tonight to be able to pull his bike and a 4wheeler or 2 next weekend LOL. I'm excited durn it ready to wheel. I ain't been in forever.

Hey one quick question seemore mud, I hear that Aetna has something for everyone. Can you elaborate? Just so folks that are iffy about taking their rig out there. I'm taking my 90 w/ 2" lift and 33" MTRs will that fair well and get me home up there?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
My crew usually heads out early in the morning, and probably will if they go that weekend, but we can get each others phone #'s (good service on top of the mountain) and if I'm already up there we can meet up. I might even ride back out that side just cause it's a good ride.

And yea the public side is there past cracker barrel. Whats goin on is there is a subdivision being built at the entrance and since the owners can't shut off access to the mountain, they're trying to get a new road built to bypass they're $$$ houses. Don't blame them really, as long as it dont get in my way.

And yea there is something for everyone. There's always everything from bone-stock pickups to full-blown tube-buggies. It's alot of steep hills, some tight as hell trails, a little mud depending on the weather and some good rocks to play on. Pretty much every difficult obstacle has an easy way around. I've been riding up there a couple of years now and still haven't seen all of it.

I'm gonna talk my "driveshaft guy" tomorrow and see if he can get me one made by then. Should be able to.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My crew usually heads out early in the morning, and probably will if they go that weekend, but we can get each others phone #'s (good service on top of the mountain) and if I'm already up there we can meet up. I might even ride back out that side just cause it's a good ride.

And yea the public side is there past cracker barrel. Whats goin on is there is a subdivision being built at the entrance and since the owners can't shut off access to the mountain, they're trying to get a new road built to bypass they're $$$ houses. Don't blame them really, as long as it dont get in my way.

And yea there is something for everyone. There's always everything from bone-stock pickups to full-blown tube-buggies. It's alot of steep hills, some tight as hell trails, a little mud depending on the weather and some good rocks to play on. Pretty much every difficult obstacle has an easy way around. I've been riding up there a couple of years now and still haven't seen all of it.

I'm gonna talk my "driveshaft guy" tomorrow and see if he can get me one made by then. Should be able to.

K sounds goos I figured we'd head up there around 10ish from Dalton and since we're camping we wouldn't rush. My cousin says there are everthing from stockers to tube buggies too. I like the easy way around on some things whether I can make it or not just because its my DD for now til I fix my XJ.

So har many guys you might have going?

PM me for the cell number and we'll definately meet up.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Well guys not going to be able to make this one. Still fighting the on going problem of an engine swap. So I'm out. Maybe next time.

Broncofire are you going to make it to RITS this year?

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well guys not going to be able to make this one. Still fighting the on going problem of an engine swap. So I'm out. Maybe next time.

Broncofire are you going to make it to RITS this year?

That sucks I'm sure we'll go again before long.

I'm going to try just come up and either hang out or ride with someone dunno yet. You?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I haven't talked to anybody yet, except made plans to make my new driveshaft tomorrow hopefully. The guy thats doin that for me used to go, but he's gettin married and sellin off alot of his stuff, still has a pretty bad Scout, but its down and I doubt he fixes it anytime soon.

So right now we're shootin' for March 1st right?

PM sent

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
That sucks I'm sure we'll go again before long.

I'm going to try just come up and either hang out or ride with someone dunno yet. You?
Yeah it does suck. I was looking forward to making it.

Yeah I am going. I am already asking off work and will be saving the pennies to get there. If you come and dont bring a ride then you can ride shootgun. Heck you could probably even drive mine if you wanted. :beer

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
I am gonna be there!

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I'm gonna be there as seen from my previous post. Looking forward to it. And looking forward to meeting some of you guys.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts