Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yup its time to swap the motor and i dont think they would like me to do it in the parking lot of my complex. what are your thoughts on jasper and the shops they list on their web page?

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yah, i'm gonna run into that no matter who does it. dealer said 5 grand plus misc parts.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
yah, i'm gonna run into that no matter who does it. dealer said 5 grand plus misc parts.
Holy shite! Care to elaborate on "misc. parts"?

·
Registered
32 Posts
you need to weigh the options.

We sell Jasper, Reviva, and Geniune Ford. We see no issues on any of these engines. BUT! did you know if you use geniune Ford you will get a 3 year 75,000 mile warranty? And as long as it shows signs of a professional installation, ie new WP, tune up filters, Rad clean, Ford will pay to repair or replace your engine should it fail with in warranty. Regardless of who installs it! So 2 years down the road it spits a rod, take it to Ford dealer, and they replace it no charge to you!

Jasper and Reviva have simular warranty's Reviva being the better. With Reviva you can use any shop submit the RO to them for warranty and they will pay it. Jasper, you MUST use one of there shops.

Working for a Ford heavy truck dealer, we see all sorts of reman engines. And to this day OEMs offer the best warranties.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Holy shite! Care to elaborate on "misc. parts"?
miscelanious parts= water pump, full tune up, filters, t-stat, new hoses, belts, new injectors (not needed but nice), new O2 sensors (a wise time to do them), new radiator or at least a good cleaning, plus don't forget gaskets.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
miscelanious parts= water pump, full tune up, filters, t-stat, new hoses, belts, new injectors (not needed but nice), new O2 sensors (a wise time to do them), new radiator or at least a good cleaning, plus don't forget gaskets.

.... .... arp bolts, non-factory gaskets, headers, y-pipe, gt-40 heads, ported/port matched heads/intake.... would be nice too see a "crate" motor out there someplace. thinking of pulling a drive train out of a wreck, could build it up intake down and drop it in, in a weekend... with no core charge

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
.... .... arp bolts, non-factory gaskets, headers, y-pipe, gt-40 heads, ported/port matched heads/intake.... would be nice too see a "crate" motor out there someplace. thinking of pulling a drive train out of a wreck, could build it up intake down and drop it in, in a weekend... with no core charge
Ok you lost me here. If everything that the two of you listed as "misc parts" is inluded with the price you have you better jump on that deal.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok you lost me here. If everything that the two of you listed as "misc parts" is inluded with the price you have you better jump on that deal.
got off on a bit of a rant... in my case i would need oil pan/pump, upper/lower gasket kit. and then whatever breaks along the way. that price was dealer installed long block (block and heads) re-using everything from the old motor

·
Premium Member
3,933 Posts
Had a Jasper 460 longblock installed by a Jasper cert. shop.
With anything, you need to shop around and do your homework on the quality of work the shop does. Just because Jasper recommends them doesn't mean they are the best shop.
I had 2 "shop" choices when I did mine. One was actually an old guy that sold Jasper, but didn't even have a shop, yet he was still on Jasper's recommended install shop list.

·
Registered
32 Posts
buy a Ford short block! you still get the 3 year 75,000 warranty, granted it is on the SB only. But same deal as before, spit a rod and Ford foots the bill!

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
A Ford shortblock will run you twice what a decent longblock with a good warranty will. Plus you still have to worry about heads, timing, etc. Not worth it IMO.

C-dub, when I did my new engine, Jasper offered what they called "install kits". Water pump, seals, belt, hoses, etc. I think it was around $400.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
C-dub, when I did my new engine, Jasper offered what they called "install kits". Water pump, seals, belt, hoses, etc. I think it was around $400.

yah, i saw that on thier site. only thing i would need off the top of my head is the oil pan/pump and the gaskit kit, balncer bolt. every thing else is good to go. got a friend that has a drivetrain i may pick up the heads/intake and have them done. spred the build out untill summer and hope to find some place to swing it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
i did the install my self a jasper long block..the only extras were the water pump,motor mounts,headers and the all other middas wells because its easier when its all out..gaskets came with it in a kit with the engine..i just transferred the intake manifold, acc brackets..the only thing with jasper get the ext warrentey because they only cover up to $65.00 an hour for warrenty work..in my case afther 6-7 months the block had a crack took it to my guy and they replaced the whole thing nothing out of my pocket.just make sure you go to some one u trust..

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
look through yellow pages near you, and find people who have been there and talk to them. maybe search on craigs list for opinions of people who have experience with shops in your area. Also, the section of this forum that is dedicated to your region, post a thread in there, prolly your best bet is there.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Also, the section of this forum that is dedicated to your region, post a thread in there, prolly your best bet is there.
done that on many ah forum got nothing so far... for a year or so. lots of shops build, few install. gonna get some parts together and hit up my mustang tuner and see if he knows a shop that will do me bronco when the time is right.
than there is the steeler.... .....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts