Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think: keep good oil in the engine/trans, change often - all good. Some time back a friend recommended ENGINE RESTORE, seems to work great!!! Anyone tried it? The other product I love (haven't tried in engine) is the LUCAS OIL STABILIZER. Used in Trannies and rear ends...what a difference, smooth, nice! I know there are tons of additives (I use Marvel Mystery Oil in the gas & Diesel), I see Slick 50 makes some as do other companies. Anyone got any feedback on this?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Lucas

I use the Synthetic Lucas in my Nissan Frontier Nismo(Synthetic oil only also) and in my Bronco and Durango I use the regular Lucas with Valvoline 10/30. I have no complaints except that it is rather pricey for the Synthetic. Never used it in a rear end or transmission, here it works good.

Joel

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
i used the lucas oil stabilizer stuff in my old engine when i had a real bad rear main leak. it slowed it down. but if there is something wrong with your engine there is nothing that you can put in it to fix it. with new engines i dont put any additives in it except seafoam.

ken

·
Registered
303 Posts
I use lucus in my engine front and rear diff.. Word of advise to take an old bottle that is clean and put a little lucas in it about 1/3 of quart and mix it with your other oil you are useing it makes it a lot easer to pore in expeshily in the diffs..:goodfinge

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Hmm, quite interesting... I wonder what that stuff is doing in my transmission then. Gonna do a flush and put synthetic in there.

edit: Yeah, you'd think those moron engineers that work for the billion dollar oil industries have no idea how to make motor oil and gear oil good. They definitely rely on the nobody small companies to make additives to make their stuff usable.

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
i can attest to that. when i put that shit in my oil. and it madde the milk shake looking stuff. i only run it through for about 100 miles

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Yes, foam pretty much anywhere means BAD.

Definitely going to flush out the E-fsckmeintheassexpensive-4OD tomorrow.

Gonna drop a buck worth of mobil 1 synthetic atf in there. Sheeeet, expensive :banghead

·
Registered
1,026 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OK, we have some opposing opinions. Lucas produces foam..."air is not a lubricant". But have there been any persons that have had a FAILURE due to Lucas? All I know for sure is that is smoothes out my t-case (in/out of 4WD) and made quiet a noisy rear end in my 90 t-bird. I put some in the rear-end and trans of my 79 Benz, smooth, nice. How do I know for sure if the Lucas is foaming iniside the rear end or gear box and maybe that is the way they run???? I would like to talk to the people at Lucas and see what they have to say. The parts houses sell a lot of this stuff, is EVERYONE being duped (tricked) by these companies? It sure made a difference in the way the cars run. WhardoIknow?

·
Registered
580 Posts
k1w1t1m said:
Correct. Foam is air and air is not a lubricant.
Also manages heat in the diffs. Foam (air) does not remove heat from the gears as effectively as straight oil. My mechanic buddy tells me it's OK to use the Restore, but don't touch Lucas with a 10' pole.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hoot2dr said:
Also manages heat in the diffs. Foam (air) does not remove heat from the gears as effectively as straight oil. My mechanic buddy tells me it's OK to use the Restore, but don't touch Lucas with a 10' pole.
I had always been the type to say: Don't put additives in the oil, I remember the old STP Oil Treatment - goopy crap, not good. I am confused now...I looked at the Lucas web-site did some reading. Some attest to the wonderful properties of LUCAS. I have in most all my (older) cars, seems to work great. What is UP? "Don't touch Lucas..." ??????

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
Perhaps your improvement was related to an oil change or a thinning of the oil cause by the extra air. Which could be accomblished by simply changing oil weight or a better grade oil.

Wicked Pete said:
OK, we have some opposing opinions. Lucas produces foam..."air is not a lubricant". But have there been any persons that have had a FAILURE due to Lucas? All I know for sure is that is smoothes out my t-case (in/out of 4WD) and made quiet a noisy rear end in my 90 t-bird. I put some in the rear-end and trans of my 79 Benz, smooth, nice. How do I know for sure if the Lucas is foaming iniside the rear end or gear box and maybe that is the way they run???? I would like to talk to the people at Lucas and see what they have to say. The parts houses sell a lot of this stuff, is EVERYONE being duped (tricked) by these companies? It sure made a difference in the way the cars run. WhardoIknow?

1 - 20 of 84 Posts