Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's what I've always known it to be called...Basically diesel fuel.

My question is how much does it cost?
My mom has some at her house and said to sell it for her, but I'm not sure what to ask. It will be two years old this coming winter.

·
'05 Excursion Limited
1,662 Posts
So you are selling heating oil right? Definitely something you want to do locally to friends/coworkers. A quick call to a place that does fuel service will give you local cost.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
I rented a place that had a diesel furnace. The diesel is a generally little cheaper than vehicle diesel. From what the delivery guy said it's a little cheaper, even though it is "the same thing", because it isn't taxed as badly. It is dyed red so you can tell it is for offroad use only.

·
Age. Fac ut gaudeam
3,881 Posts
I have no experience with diesels, but I recall my Uncle putting that off-Road diesel in his trucks...

I asked him why and what not but he said it ran just fine for his truck and cheaper.

*shrugs*

Can someone shed some light on that?

·
Registered
215 Posts
It's cheaper because it isn't taxed as bad, like partsman said. While technically illegal to use on the road, it's plenty usable if you don't get caught doing it by the DOT or the like. My grandfather ran it pretty regularly when he had his trucking co.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Diesel and home heating out are different. Home heating oil is not as clean as diesel so you will have to change filters more often and a diesel engine will not burn home heating oil as effecient as a furnace. There is a reason the dot will not allow it's use and it is based on emissions and not taxes.

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
I have no experience with diesels, but I recall my Uncle putting that off-Road diesel in his trucks...

I asked him why and what not but he said it ran just fine for his truck and cheaper.

*shrugs*

Can someone shed some light on that?
off road diesel has no road taxes, hence why it is cheaper. it carries stiff fines if your caught running it on road.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts