Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use Roger Beep on their CB radio's ? How do you like it ? Does it get old and annoying and piss people off ? I read up on it and it seems like a good idea, I found kits on Ebay fer cheap. Are some kits "better" than others ?... where to buy ? sorry for all the questions but I know nothing about this-

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
irritating for the user or for the people who hear it ?

·
Registered
812 Posts
It is incredibly annoying to listen to, along with echo mikes, sound toys, and other cb radio toys. The only time I could possibly see a roger beep handy would be when DXing, but that doesn't even make sense because ham operators don't use any sort of roger beep when operating DX. That said, my Galaxy radio came with it built in, but I keep it off.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Drives me absolutely nuts and find it pointless. You always get those couple people in the woods during hunting season and they drive everybody nuts.

-Curtis-

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
I've had one, but it wasn't the annoying BEEEEEEEEP! like most people have.

If you get one, make sure you can tweak it easily.

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If its just a beep, how can you tweek it ? The only reason I would want one is because when i was origionally into 4 wheeling 20 years ago i found that people could still get confused even with a simple cb radio and i thought this would help. I hate -HATE- noise makers and all the other crap that they have for cb's... sound toys, echo....

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
What the heck is a roger beep?

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its a "beep" to signify that you have stopped transmitting your message.... " I just found me a Dennys waitress with 3 boobies" beep-

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Personally, I hate hearing the "beep"

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
I think this would make an awesome roger tone. :thumbup

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
blueovalboy..... a woman is supposed to be used in a different way than a cB radio, I can see you now screaming into a snatch "helooooooo heloooooooo, this thing aint plugged in"

·
Registered
15 Posts
whats really annoying is when someone has to small of coax and bleeds over your radio and tv.. its suckaka big time ditto for rogerbeeps, my dad ran an rci 2950 and a 2910 back with a texas star kicker under the drivers seat, he built some mean azz rigs. good thing he was very polite on the radio otherwise he would walk all over everyone.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
:haha I bled over all the time back home, with the Antron on the roof.

Yeah, probably cheap coaxial cable, knowing how dumb I was about such things back then.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts