Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, you guys are great and I have learned a whole lot on this forum.:thumbup

I have a '94 Bronco XLT with the E40D transmission. I just bought axles out of a jeep but were originally out of a 79 F-150. I have been researching the SAS thread like crazy. The axles (dana 44 and 9") are both yukon 5.13 gears and shafts. Detroited in the front and spooled in the rear. I couldn't resist the deal came with everything. :rockon

The problem I'm concerned with is the VSS. I have seen that people(shadowfax) and others have located a toner ring and vss on the dana 60. That seems simple enough. However, I have not found anyone to do this on a Ford 9". :banghead

So being spooled, can I locate the toner ring on the spool?

Is there a spot on the third member to drill a hole for locating the sensor that will allow it to be less than 1 mm away from the toner ring?

Or is there another option like putting the sensor on the tranny or transfer case? :wacko

Any advise will help. I am working with a shop on this and hopefully they can figure something out also. In this case I will let you know if I find anything out.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have considered that option. However, I have new tires and rims which are 15's. By the time I buy, regear, spool or lock, and figure how to get 5 on 5.5 on 15 inchers with a one ton axle...I should be able to figure out the vss. For that matter maybe I should do a C6 swap. This e40D sh%t is pissing me off.

I did hear you can get a 5 on 5.5 disc conversion for a 14 bolt. Don't know how much it is for sure but imagine it's spendy. Maybe I'll look into that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.