Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one with 9inches or more of suspension lift pleas help...

i want to do a nine inch lift but first i need to maake sure i can drive it on the road.

so::: if you have a 9" suspension lift on your bronco, could you please tell me a little about it?? like how much total lift? do you drive it highway speeds? do you have trouble with u joints or driveline angles. basically anything to discourage me from going big and why.

it would be greatly appreciated.:thumbup

·
Registered
3 Posts

i want to do a nine inch lift but first i need to maake sure i can drive it on the road.

so::: if you have a 9" suspension lift on your bronco, could you please tell me a little about it?? like how much total lift? do you drive it highway speeds? do you have trouble with u joints or driveline angles. basically anything to discourage me from going big and why.

I had a 9" susp lift on my 78 F-150, I ran it on the street and it drove good. I never measured it to see "true lift". Truck also had a 3" Body and cleared 39.5's fine with plenty of room.

I know its not a BKO but thought it may help:beer

·
Registered
91 Posts
Holy lift blocks batman! :shocked

I hope I don't live anywhere near you.

Anyways...you will have to check your local lift laws to see if you can run that much lift on the streets. Some states go by bumper height, and some go by headlight/taillight height. Some states don't have any laws, and some say that over 3" and it's illegal. I'd check with your DMV before doing anything else.

·
Registered
459 Posts
i've about 12 inches of suspensin lif under my f100, but that was done with leaf springs (pic is on my avatar), so my info probably won't help

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh yeah im not tooo worried about it. there are trucks in my town that are way past the law. but yea i get what you are saying. i just wanted to make sure that i would have no problems with driveline angles.

....and hey ps. to jeep nazi....what kind of lift did you get for your f-150?

·
Registered
3 Posts
oh yeah im not tooo worried about it. there are trucks in my town that are way past the law. but yea i get what you are saying. i just wanted to make sure that i would have no problems with driveline angles.

....and hey ps. to jeep nazi....what kind of lift did you get for your f-150?
I think it came from rocky mountain suspension. It was the basic kit. I got a good deal on the tires and needed a kit quick. The rear leafs were on backorder so i got the blocks so i could drive it.

·
Registered
652 Posts

I'm runnin skyjacker 9" lift on my grey 78' F150 in my avatar. Haven't had any drive shaft work done yet, and no breakage yet. I only drive on street. If you give me your e-mail, I'll send you pics of the lift.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts