Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when they do bad stuff..like getting into trash etc..

seems like its an old school train of thought

·
Too poor for FSM
1,395 Posts
define whip? like with an actual whip?
Or like whip there ass?

My springer just took cookies off the counter and slapped the shit out of his ass

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
no. actually whipping a dog is ****ed up

·
Registered
127 Posts
Make sure everybody involved does the training the same. Ive gotta year and a half old black lab and I always gave her hell when she stole something and then when my mom and sister would "punish" her by giving her a treat to get it from her. And now nothing really works great except for chasing her down.:twak

·
Premium Member
4,780 Posts
I've swatted my dog across the butt a few times over the years but I wouldn't call it whipping. If I catch him in the trash or something, He'll get it. I've seen some that literally beat their dogs badly.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
you should never use your hand on the dog. you give the dog praise when they are good with your hand and if you smack them with it they will not know if they are good or bad. Use a folded up news paper.

eventually when they see the paper get folded up they will know it is coming.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
you should never use your hand on the dog. you give the dog praise when they are good with your hand and if you smack them with it they will not know if they are good or bad. Use a folded up news paper.

eventually when they see the paper get folded up they will know it is coming.
I've always heard this is the preferred method from more than one K9 trainer

·
Registered
180 Posts
yep

·
Too poor for FSM
1,395 Posts
For the record im not a dog beater lol
Id say im average, i just spank him when hes a pest.

The news paper thing definitely makes sense though, im going to try that

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

yeah me either but earlier tonight my german shepherd spread the garbage all over my room and i had to spank him for it..just wonderin how common that is

·
Premium Member
6,781 Posts
Dogs are retarded for the most part. Unless you scold them RIGHT when they do something, they haven't a clue as to what the **** they did if you do it after they do something. Shouldn't whip a dog ever, No point to it.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dogs are retarded for the most part. Unless you scold them RIGHT when they do something, they haven't a clue as to what the **** they did if you do it after they do something. Shouldn't whip a dog ever, No point to it.
why? you whip kids don't you. he knows he's not supposed to get in the garbage, there's that retarded part you're referring to

·
Too poor for FSM
1,395 Posts
Ehh i wouldnt agree completely with that. I wouldnt scold a dog out of the blue if a found something wrong. But when i come home, and there is garbage and stuff all over, or hes dug a hole in the yard, he knows he did something wrong.
He gives it away before i can even figure it out. Some dogs definitely know later on that they did something wrong

·
Age. Fac ut gaudeam
3,881 Posts

A dog spanker huh?

:haha

·
Registered
349 Posts
Some dogs are smarter and more sensitive to your feelings toward them, than others.. My current black lab is pretty smart. I smacked her a few times when she was young for destroying stuff... but the last 2 yrs she seems to know right from wrong. Some dogs seem to have A.D.D. or something and never figure out right from wrong. I just wish when she has to puke she would choose linoleum over the carpet.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts