Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an alpine type R 15 in my 86 bronco and i have gotten rid of all of the rattle except for the tailgate. Ive tried to pinpoint it but i cant find it.
when the glass is down, there is no rattle so its not the plate insert on the inside or any of the screws.
It sounds like it is coming from around the base of the glass when it is up. Please help, it anoys the shit out of me lol.:banghead

and a pic of the truck from the outside

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Does the rattle stop if you hold the window up button for a sec? If so, your track is what's making the vibration, slap some grease on there and see if it quiets it down.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The window seal got replaced about a year ago when i replaced the rear glass so i dont think thats it. Ill try the track tomorow and i hope thats what it is. I put all brand new audio componits in so im trying to make it sound as good as possible.
I took apart the tailgate today and it looks like it might be one of the seams on the inside. Theres a gap where the two pieces of sheet metal meet and i think it might be part of the problem. Im gona put some calk in it and see how it goes.
thanks for the help.

·
Registered
54 Posts
do you have the crome plate on the back of the tail gate? try to put some dyno matt behind it the screw it back down. do you have a spare tire rack?
the roof likes to rattle too. Just some thought's. Think about foaming all open spaces like quarter pannels and stuff.Hope this helps a little

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh i didnt even think about the chrome plate, ill check that. Its not the spare tire or the roof, its deff coming from the tailgate. I moved the sub and now its more of a squeeking noise which makes me think its something to do with the window track or weather stripping. im adding a picture to see if it will help any.

·
Registered
133 Posts
when it rattles just turn up the music more thats what i do lol:banghead I have more rattles than u want to try and find, thats what two ten inch subs are for.:rockon

·
Registered
129 Posts
On my truck, 1981, there is a rod that hangs down near the bottom of the gate. This rod needs to be pushed down by the window to open the gate. When the window is up the rod swings in the breeze. I believe the rod can be removed, but the latch safety needs to be disabled. It was 15 years ago I did this, so my memory might be a liitle off. Worth a shot and good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks, ill look into that. Im gona get some dynamat or something like it and am going to put that everywhere i can lol. if cant fix the problem, ill just not let the sound get to it lol

·
Registered
454 Posts
I have an alpine type R 15 in my 86 bronco and i have gotten rid of all of the rattle except for the tailgate. Ive tried to pinpoint it but i cant find it.
when the glass is down, there is no rattle so its not the plate insert on the inside or any of the screws.
It sounds like it is coming from around the base of the glass when it is up. Please help, it anoys the shit out of me lol.:banghead

and a pic of the truck from the outside
dude, im gonna tell ya right now. its a bronco. its gonna rattle. my Dad's old '89 was horrible. We went through it with some self-tappers, and it was a little better. also, the tailgate, and fiberglass top were TERRIBLE with his twin 12" Kicker Comps. The top flexes, so its not gonna kick @$$ as well as it should. and yes, dynamat is worth every penny.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah with all the work ive done i dont think i can get rid of it. The bronco just isnt meant for amazing sound. Now that its getting warm im just going to keep the back window down so it doesnt rattle :thumbup problem solved.
thanks for all the help

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
its possible to stop the rattle, but it may just not be feasable. make sure that the tailgate is latched as tight as possible, and adjust the striker thing if you can and make sure that the tailgate cable isnt rattling. just a few tips that ive used on Pickups and trunks.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Yawn, this is pointless, getting rattles out of a bko... LOL...

young grasshopper , learn to love the noise of character, for you will not remove the creaking of your ride.

AND If your bko ever stops rattling, then WORRY. And WORRY BIG.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lol i cant hear the rattles when i turn it all the way up :) but then i cant even hear myself talk. ill just live with it. Thanks everyone for the help. maybe ill just take off the tailgate

·
Howdy howdy howdy!
5,513 Posts
lol i cant hear the rattles when i turn it all the way up :) but then i cant even hear myself talk. ill just live with it. Thanks everyone for the help. maybe ill just take off the tailgate
Did you just say what I think you said...

You go ahead and do that, then watch your shit fall right out the back and your type r get jacked.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I would end up killing myself out of frustration if I was to track down all the rattles in my Bronco...

·
Registered
86 Posts
i would end up killing myself if i tracked down all the rattles that happen before i even turn up the stereo :rebelflag
its a bronco, its always gonna rattle like a beer can full of bb's

1 - 20 of 27 Posts