Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to do a budget lift cause I don't have $600+ to spend on one right now. Right now it's gonna be a rear shackle flip but I need something to match in the front. I want to do 4" of overall lift (should be perfect for riding trails with my 33" tires)

I'm looking for like 4" lift springs for the front but I can't seem to get anything without buying a kit. I've heard that 1ton springs from an f350 would work, is it true? If so I'll snag some from a junkyard if not I need something to jack up my front end.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You are true on the F350 springs they should just swap in without any problem (not totally sure but I beleive I am right). If you are going to get a pair I would suggest going with the junk yard manager to pick the best looking ones you can find if you have more than one pair to choose from. Depending on the year of the F350 they could be saggy or rusted to heck.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
im not a suspension or lift expert, but if your bko is 80-96 it has a ttb front axle. if you throw in taller springs without drop brackets, your geometry will be out of wack, not to mention unsafe steering without a new pitman arm, you wont be able to get it aligned and your tire wear will be horrible. i feel your pain on the hit to the wallet a lift takes, but the reason is for all the necesary hardware to do it properly. there are leveling kits for up to 2.5 inches and that should give you plenty of room to safely run 33s. i had 33s on my 88 with no lift and it only rubbed on tight turns.

good luck!

·
Too poor for FSM
1,395 Posts
You can buy individual parts from a company. You just need a part number.
When i did my lift, i had to order a single part from procomp. I could have ordered and one part
of the whole lift

-Vance

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Lets back up here. First you can not swap in F350 springs without major modification. That is something reserved for an SAS project. Your springs are coil, the F350 is leaf. Two totally different machines.
Second you can not simply put in 4" springs up front and call it good. As was mentioned you would have MAJOR alignment issues. Simply can't be done. The most lift you can do on the front without the proper drop brackets is 2". Even that is extreme. But with the 2" longer springs you can't just bolt them in and call it good. You will need to get adjustable camber bushings for the ball joints. Then you need to have an alignment shop align it as best they can. It's likely that they still won't be able to get it perfect, but it will work.
Bottom line. I think you need to think about this a little more and do some more research on what needs to be done to properly lift the truck. Your heading down the wrong road.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I apologise for giving you wrong info ,BoneStock. I stand corrected. As the previous replys have stated, You should just keep your $600 for a few more months and try to double it by saving more. Soon enough you will have enough for at least a ToughCountry lift.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
I apologise for giving you wrong info ,BoneStock. I stand corrected. As the previous replys have stated, You should just keep your $600 for a few more months and try to double it by saving more. Soon enough you will have enough for at least a ToughCountry lift.
Yup. What he said. Save your money and do it right when you can afford it.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool guys, that's why I always ask first. And for any confusion I'm running a leveling kit on it now. It's fine and I can run a lot of trails (especially once my winch is on) I'm just looking for more clearance so I can run some tougher trails.

I hate building on a budget, but I'd rather do it the right way once rather then screw it up and run into more costly problems.

Thanks for the advise.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts