Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, i have an 88 bronco with 105 k original miles with service history unknown. i was planning on changing the trans filter and adding a shift kit. lots on this board re: mixing mercon 3 and 5. with no clear answers. want to get the latest concensus on topping off the trans with mobile 1 and or mercon 5 after a filter change. also, will a shift kit give me any eronious code problems? my friends are saying that if the sevice history is unknown and the trans has not been serviced regularly, it's best to leave it alone so as not to dislodge any crap. thoughts?

thanks,

john

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok i get it

i have a aod trans not a ao4. anyone have any thoughts on shift kits and changing trans filters vs. leaving alone. what about mixing mobile 1 mercon v with mercon? and if "ole" mercon is the best thing to run, where the hell do you get it?

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
i have a aod trans not a ao4. anyone have any thoughts on shift kits and changing trans filters vs. leaving alone. what about mixing mobile 1 mercon v with mercon? and if "ole" mercon is the best thing to run, where the hell do you get it?
Supertech from Wal-Mart sells just plain ol' Mercon ATF.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.