Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts
I forget :confused:
Remember that the fluid leaves the trans and goes into the radiator, then to the aux cooler and back to the trans.

I choose to add a filter and gauge sender after the aux cooler:

It is mounted where the charcoal canister used to be :D

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
IIRC, it's recommended to put it on the line from the cooler
trans - radiator - cooler - temp guage - trans

Why not skip the radiator altogether?

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts
That's how I installed mine.
Trans - Radiator - Aux Cooler - Aux Filter - Gauge - Trans

The radiator is a good thing in the winter as it heats up the trans. Low trans temps are bad, not really sure why. But I think it's because of water forming in the fluid, and the heat evaperates it :shrug
Clear as mud?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not sure if I am posting in the right place, but I have a question about a part on the Aux trans cooler. I broke the return tube? it runs from the radiator into the aux, but I can't find any where that sells it, they tell me to just bend a new one, But there are a lot of complex kinds. is there maybe an aftermarket store I can get one from?

·
Registered
9,514 Posts
Not sure if I am posting in the right place, but I have a question about a part on the Aux trans cooler. I broke the return tube? it runs from the radiator into the aux, but I can't find any where that sells it, they tell me to just bend a new one, But there are a lot of complex kinds. is there maybe an aftermarket store I can get one from?
No, either pull a complete line off a junkyard truck, bend up and flare your own hardline, or splice the existing line with rubber oil cooler hose.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts