Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i did the e40d swap to the aod cause i blew reverse out of that one. But now ii dont have the shift linkage or wiring harness and jerry rigged the frossmember bout 8 months agothe tranny was rebuilt worked ggreat. Went low on fluid once from sitting filled it back up then it wouldnt shift until bout 4000rpm and slam into gears. Any idea what it could be?

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
How do you have the TV cable ran? The AOD uses a TV cable, E40D is computer controlled.

·
Registered
837 Posts
does it slip, bad? if so, you need a new trans or rebuild....

if im thinking right, the E4OD is Computer controlled, while the AOD is not, no computer whatsoever ...
Yep, the AOD has no computer, its all done by hydraulic pressure

·
Premium Member
9,990 Posts
There is a You Tube out there on How To adjustment the TV cable on top, ( type TV cable adjustment) and it's a very simple procedure, IIRC there's also a performance tip by Gacknar to adjust it at WOT = wide open throttle for more of a performance shifting. (not in the video)

The AOD is easy to service with 14 bolts to the fluid pan, once drained the filter inside only has 2 bolts and it slides off but easy to replace where the filter/gasket kit only costs $10.00 max and 6 qt.s of fluid $20.00 totaling around $30.00 vs $150-200.00 at the local tranny shop.

A stock, unlifted Bronco has more then enough room to do this with a 25 gallon storage tub...

Check here for additional help: www.broncolinks.com

Good Luck ~ :thumbup

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
um yea where does the T.V cable run to? and lol i have a pair of vice grips on as my shifter cause i cant fin the right shift linkage

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
um yea where does the T.V cable run to? and lol i have a pair of vice grips on as my shifter cause i cant fin the right shift linkage
T.V. Cable runs from the Throttle Body butterfly lever to a lever on the side of the transmission. This lever actually runs through the middle of the shift linkage. (Two levers, one fulcrum point)

·
Super Moderator
26,998 Posts
yo,

Throttle Valve (TV) Cable Adjustment & Diagrams; Using a 100 psi pressure gauge to the TV port on transmission
Source: by Ford via Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck) at http://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/770015_1

Also in that Automatic Transmission Service Group (ATSG) via akpp.in.ua
book I posted above for you; look @ page 10 for a general idea on it.
Found that a lot of Broncos & F series of var years have different cables/set-ups than others.
For example, Ford often made mid-year model changes such as the 3 screw auto hubs that were intro'ed im May 95 (altho some built in earlier months on 95 had them; some due to dealer changes while on lot).

·
Registered
837 Posts
Fit the TV cable isn't adjusted right or unhooked, you can kiss the AOD goodbye. It'll burn up when you drive it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts